2006 Audi A4 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Audi A4:

2006 Audi A4 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Jul 182016

A4

The contact owns a 2006 Audi A4. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 16V382000 (air bags). The part needed was unavailable to perform the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The VIN was invalid. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Granville, OH, USA

May 272016

A4

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Audi A4. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V352000 (air bags). The part was not available within a reasonable time frame to schedule the recall repair. The interim notice did not give a specific date for when the part would become available. The manufacturer could not provide an estimated date for when the vehicle would receive the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- West Lake Village, CA, USA

Jun 012016

A4

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Audi A4. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 16V079000 (air bags) and 16V382000 (air bags); however, the parts for the recall repairs were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The VIN was not provided.

- Moulton, AL, USA

Jul 302016

A4

Takata recall. I received the notice in the mail on July of 2016, repair has still not been performed. Audi dealer states that they don't have the parts in stock. However, nothing has happened to the car and everything is fine. I am just afraid to have a passenger with me in the car. I shouldn't have to wait for the replacement such a long time.

- River Grove, IL, USA

Dec 202016

A4

This is not a complaint about fletcher jones, my Audi dealer. (my wife has an A6 under recall same problem). Your web site says 12 million air bags have been replaced. But Audi tells me that they have not received any indication of when they will receive replacements from takata and I feel at risk driving my car. Why has Audi not received replacements and 12 million others have?

- Chiucago, IL, USA

Jul 012016

A4

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Audi A4. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V382000 (air bags) however, the parts to do the repair was unavailable. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Part distribution disconnect.

- Hutto, TX, USA

Dec 132016

A4

Takata recall- recall initiated in May 2016. It is December 2016, and dealer says no fix is available yet. This is unacceptable. They recommended that no one sit in passenger seat, this is unacceptable and puts myself and my passengers at risk every time I drive.

- Golden Beach, FL, USA

Jul 012016

Takata recall

- Dallas, TX, USA

Jan 012006

A4

Takata recall- my life is in danger everyday. Why Audi ignoring the safety of my life by not replacing the bags quickly? it has been too long, and what is taking so long. This is unacceptable.

- Hayward, CA, USA

Apr 092015

A4

Takata recall I received a recall notice in July 2016 and am told the repair is still not available. I have not driven the vehicle since then which has resulted in much difficulty and expense. I have uploaded a photo of a friend who was in an accident involving a defective airbag. I request Audi give me a loaner car until the airbag is replaced.

- Saint Louis, MO, USA

May 312016

A4

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Audi A4. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V382000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- St. Louis, MO, USA

Nov 282016

A4

Takata recall- I never received a notification letter, when the recall was made back in May 27, 2016. It has been over six months, but the parts to do the repair were unavailable from the dealer. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair.

- Patterson, NY, USA

Jul 282016

A4

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Audi A4. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V382000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact was notified that the manufacturer was still in negotiations with takata regarding getting the parts. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Farmington Hills, MI, USA

Aug 012016

A4

Air bag warning light is on. This is my daily driver so very concerned. Also this vehicle uses an unusually high amount of oil. I have to add oil weekly to the car. It has been doing this for a long time. I just was informed that I could report this problem.

- Wausau, WI, USA

Oct 312016

A4

Takata recall I received the notification letter in the mail marked July 2016. It's been 3 months and no further communication regarding the fix for the airbag has been sent.

- Seattle, WA, USA

May 272016

A4

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Audi A4. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V382000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Bolinas, CA, USA

Oct 212016

A4

Audi does not have a solution for this recall.

- Mcdonough, GA, USA

Oct 122016

A4

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Audi A4. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V382000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Jun 132016

A4

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Audi A4. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V382000 (air bags). The part was not available within a reasonable time frame to schedule the recall repair. The dealer did not give a specific date for when the part would become available. The manufacturer could not provide an estimated date for when the contact's vehicle would receive the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Houston, TX, USA

Aug 222016

A4

I received a letter from Audi regarding the recall on my takata passenger frontal airbag informing me of the recall and suggesting that I avoid using my front passenger seat. I am appalled that Audi would make such a statement knowing that their customers use the vehicles as family cars, typically having someone in the front passenger seat. Audi has no foreseen date of repair. In addition, the girl I spoke to on the phone from Audi suggested that I call a local certified Audi dealership to see if I can get a loaner car until the problem is resolved as I do not feel safe driving my car, in which I was told by over 10 dealerships that they do not give out loaner cars for this purpose. I am shocked that I am not being offered a safe car to drive until this problem is resolved.

- Scarsdale, NY, USA