2007 Audi A4 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Audi A4:

2007 Audi A4 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Nov 072016

A4

Takata recall. I was notified back in July that my car has this faulty and dangerous air bag on the passenger side of my car and that I should not drive the car with a passenger in the front seat. The recall notice stated a "recall repair is not available." I just checked the Audi recall site for an update and there is no change. I also called Audi's support and they have no idea whatsoever when my airbag will be replaced. I have been driving this car for over 3 months with a dangerous airbag and I still do not have any idea as to when it will be repaired!

- San Jose, CA, USA

A4

It is 11-06-2016 and there is no attempt to fix my car. This recall has been issued for months and Audi has not provided any solution other than no one can ride in the front passenger seat. This is unacceptable. This is my son's car and we are in one of the more dangerous zones according to the data for these air bags to fail. I would like something done asap.

- Dallas, TX, USA

A4

The contact owns a 2007 Audi A4. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V382000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repairs were not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceed a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Santa Cruz, CA, USA

Oct 172016

A4

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Audi A4. The contact stated that the recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 16V382000 (air bags) was received in May. After contacting the dealer and the manufacturer on multiple occasions, the contact was informed that the parts needed for the recall remedy were not available and no estimated time for receiving the parts could be provided. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Jersey City, NJ, USA

A4

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Audi A4. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V382000 (air bags). The dealer was unable to confirm when the parts would become available. The manufacturer was unable to provide a reasonable time frame to supply the parts to the dealer. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Camarillo, CA, USA

Oct 272016

A4

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Audi A4. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V382000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed for the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- San Francisco, CA, USA

A4

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Audi A4. The contact stated that the recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 16V382000 (air bags) was received in July of 2016. After contacting the dealer and the manufacturer on multiple occasions, the contact was informed that the parts needed for the recall remedy were still not available and no estimated time for receiving the parts could be provided. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Lititz, PA, USA

Oct 212016

A4

The contact owns a 2007 Audi A4. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V382000 (air bags); however, the part for the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- San Jose, CA, USA

Oct 202016

A4

Takata recall: Contacted Audi that I plan to sell/trade this vehicle in next 60 days. Offer no support. Dealer says it is Audi's problem. Recall lowers value of car but no solution is offered except to pass this along to next owner.

- Alexandria, LA, USA

May 272016

A4

Takata recall I have contacted every Audi dealer in the dallas area and they all will not give me a date for the airbag replacement. They are not offering any kind of remedy other than don's sit in the passenger seat. This is my teenage son's car and he runs car pool for his cross country team. How long am I supposed to wait"??? this car has a potential lethal problem and no one will provide any help. We are in a high risk zone for failure because of the high temperatures in Texas and the high humidity in our area. This should be taken care of now or offer me a safe loaner car to drive until they can fix it. Where is my consumer protection???" when I bought the car there was no warning that it had a dangerous problem that needed to be fixed I bought it at huber Chevrolet in omaha, ne on 11/14/2015. This has been recalled since 05/27/2016.

- Dallas, TX, USA

Jul 072016

A4

The contact owns a 2007 Audi A4. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V382000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Stalhlstown, PA, USA

Sep 062016

A4

Takata recall I am just concerned about my family's safety. Audi should offer a loaner program until they find a fix for this problem. As a city driver, the likelihood of a collision is far higher.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

May 292016

A4

Takata recall. The recall was announced in may, but there is no remedy yet available. In five months, I think it should be possible to figure out a replacement inflator and offer it as a service, particularly since the system is potentially deadly. Even a partial remedy of disabling the airbag would be preferrable. As of 9/9/2016, the following is listed "remedy: Repair solution pending. Recall status: Recall incomplete. Remedy not yet available"

- Bethesda, MD, USA

Apr 012016

A4 4-cyl

2007 Audi A4. Consumer writes in regards to remedy not available to repair driver frontal and passenger frontal airbag recall notices.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Aug 262016

A4

Takata recall - Audi has not yet made a fix available for my vehicle to address this recall. I fear for the safety of my passengers. Fortunately, no incident to report. I was instructed at vinrcl.safercar.gov to report the lack of a timely remedy.

- Berkeley, CA, USA

May 272016

A4 4-cyl

Takata recall. This concerns NHTSA recall number 16V382, manufacturer recall number 69O2. The website reflects that the recall date was May 27, 2016. I received notice from Audi dated July 2016 advising me that "a recall repair is not yet available." As of August 24, 2016, the NHTSA website reflects that "recall incomplete. Remedy not yet available." I am very concerned by the issue that led to the safety recall: That if the vehicle is involved in a crash where the passenger frontal airbag is designed to deploy, metal fragments could result is serious injury or death to vehicle occupants. This makes me very worried for my safety and for the safety of any passengers in my car. The airbag is supposed to prevent injury, not actually cause serious injury or death. I would like to know when a remedy will be available and when this life / safety issue in my car will be fixed?

- Culver City, CA, USA

Aug 022016

A4

Takata recall. I received notification of this recall several weeks ago. I am very concerned about the safety of the vehicle especially with the front passenger seat. This is a primary driving vehicle and needs to be in upstanding driving shape.

- Arlington, TX, USA

A4

Takata airbag recall. No parts yet and it is advised not to let a person sit in the front passenger seat. How do I use the vehicle?

- Saint John, IN, USA

Aug 112016

A4

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Audi wagon A4. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V382000 (air bags); however, the part for the recall repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 09/27/16

- Lake Tahoe, CA, USA

Aug 022016

A4

The contact owns a 2007 Audi A4. The contact stated that the recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 16V382000 (air bags) was received in August of 2016. After contacting the dealer and the manufacturer on multiple occasions, the contact was informed that the parts needed to repair the vehicle were still not available and no estimated time for receiving the parts could be given. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Roscoe, IL, USA