2.8

2008 Audi A4 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Audi A4:

2008 Audi A4 Owner Comments

May 022016

A4

I was driving on rout 62 with my 16 year old niece and my car felt like it went into neutral, the lights on the dash started flashing. The brake pedal felt tight but I was able to pull over without causing an accident. It keeps happening and I am afraid to drive. (especially knowing there is an open recall because my airbags may not work or worse, cause severe injury due to metal shrapnel) I also read that my car has a hidden defect that the timing chain can go at any time, causing catastrophic engine failure. I brought it to an independent Volkswagen Audi mechanic where they did a diagnostic. He told me to bring it to someplace that specializes in transmissions.I looked in my owners manual and under transmissions. It says if this happens drive it to your nearest Audi shop. I emailed Audi because I read that there were recalls and technical service bulletins about the diagnostic code P0606. I saw that there are many class action lawsuits and complaints all about the same problem with my car. I can't wait years for a class action lawsuit. I live in new england and it's getting cold. This is my only car. I bought 6 months ago, in November. I have done all the service and maintenance recommended by Audi. What ever it is that is wrong with my car, Audi has fixed other cars but not fixing mine and my car. I take excellent care of my car, inside and out. It has been serviced at every recommend milage date. Nothing has ever gone neglected. My car is completely inoperable and it is due to defects that were made during manufacturing. I do not trust Audi customer service or the Audi service center.

- Beverly, MA, USA

Jul 052016

A4

The park, reverse, neutral, drive display flashes which indicates that the vehicle is running in caution mode. The vehicle does not run in reverse and while the vehicle is moving it seems as if it wants to change gears such as from drive to neutral. My research indicates that this was a common problem with the 2008 models. My research also indicates that the problem is the transmission control module. I am not aware if this problem affected other year models or if Audi corrected the problem after 2008. I purchased the vehicle in July of 2016 with the problem and the dealership informed me that it was a recall problem. When I recently took the vehicle to a Audi dealership they informed me that it was not a recall problem. The dealership information sounds false since this is a safety issue. I am making this complaint to see if an investigation is warranted for me and other owners of the 2008 Audi A4.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Jan 112015

A4

Transmission shifting out of control.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Aug 012014

A4 4-cyl

When coming to a complete stop, the car shudders while going into 2nd and 1st gear as if someone has just rear ended the car. Took the Audi to an authorized dealer in my area and findings are that it is the mechatronic that is defective. Finding is that is a very common problem and Audi is not taking any action after contacting aoa. Repair cost is $2700.

- Reynoldsburg, OH, USA

Dec 302011

A4 6-cyl

Accelerator pedal stuck at wide open throttle. Had to shut the ignition off and pull over and restart the car and it went back to normal. Googled the net and found that many people encountered the same problem.

- Laguna Niguel, CA, USA