2008 Audi A4 lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Audi A4:

2008 Audi A4 Owner Comments

Dec 222015

Sensors (1) the sensor for rear light keeps coming on and off (2) stability sensor is on for no apparent reason (3) oil light is on despite having oil in the car (4) car eats oil (5) it is impossible to change the driver side right headlight bulb (6) mechanics and dealers overcharge for parts and service not only in the us but also in australia $500 for bulb, $300 for oil change, $200 per hour labor. This is more expensive than getting a head transplant.

- Carmel, NY, USA

Oct 212015

I have had repeated issues with oil consumption. Oil overconsumption has been the subject of a class action lawsuit for 2009-2011 A4S. For some reason the 2008 was not included in the lawsuit. I have had to top my oil off every 3,000 miles, at a minimum, for the entire life of the vehicle. This has been a safety issue numerous times where I was not close to any facility that sold oil and was forced to drive the car on low oil a long distance in order to top it off. I have also had issues with the headlights being dipped -- also a known problem for this year and model. The headlights go out way inadvance of a normal life expectancy. Audi gives excuses on how it can be fixed (the prices and repairs were inconsistent between the two headlights). One of them they quoted me $1300! when I read the service information they had only replaced a bulb!

- San Diego, CA, USA

Aug 102015

Got a left dipped headlight error on dashboard and tried having it fixed, but to no avail. Looking at threads online, many other Audi owners have encountered this safety issue, which is very serious. Would like NHTSA to look into this. I have to borrow another car to drive at night. Still trying to get this fixed.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Jul 152009

Shortly after purchased car, I complained that car was burning oil. I was assured this was normal and nothing to worry about. Continued more and more. I asked who was supposed to cover this added expense. They gave me oil for awhile, but that ended. In 2913 I was informed the seals were bad that is why it was using oil. They lied and denied an oil leak for over 3 years. Will not cover any costs to repair. More recent my headlight went out and they will not cover this expense either. This is the second Audi with headlight issue. I was never sent notice about the first headlight in which Audi agreed to reimburse. They will not pay me because they claim I did not file in time. Now my current Audi headlight went out. I called Audi and will not pay or acknowledge it is a problem.

- Fairfax, VA, USA

Feb 072014

A4 4-cyl

Headlights have a malfunction where they turn off and on. The sensor says that the left front bulb has dipped but Audi doesn't know what the issue is or how to fix it.

- Tallahassee, FL, USA

Apr 012013

A4 4-cyl

I have the dipped headlight problem in my 2009 Audi A4/B7 driver-side headlight. I have my lights set to always be on. Every now and then I'll see the light flicker or go out and get the dipped headlight warning. What I do is turn my lights fully off, leave them off for a few seconds, and then switch them back on. This seems to fix the problem. Until now the headlight completely goes out with only the (dipped headlight) warning on my dashboard. This is a recall worthy problem as I have searched the internet with no luck only more victims who have to drive with malfunctioning headlights.

- Reseda, CA, USA

Sep 302012

A4 4-cyl

Headlights shut off while driving at night. I have looked at many forums and have seen this a problem in over 70 percent of Audi A4 B7 owners. This is an extreme hazard and needs to be fixed. My headlights shut off while driving at 8 pm. They would flicker, but would not re fire. I am speaking about the bi-xenon headlights for the 2006 - 2008 Audi line. I ended up driving home with my fog lights on.

- Chicago, IL, USA