2011 Audi A4 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Audi A4:

2011 Audi A4 Owner Comments

Oct 152015

Vehicle stalled out and started shaking only to find out injectors went out and oil consumption issues. Audi usa is prolonging an issue that they know is wrong with the vehicle regarding oil consumption. I have completed phase I of the test and took it to dealership to have phase II completed however without my consent or knowledge Audi has the dealership perform phase I over again. Car is eating excessive amount of oil but yet Audi usa is prolonging the situation with no resolution. Purchased the car 08/24/2015 had to have an oil change done two weeks later beginning of September by October 15th I had to add more oil as the oil indicator light came on come to find out there is a known issue for consuming oil. I have phase I completed however I took vehicle in to have phase II done on it only to be told they had to do phase I over which isn't fair the vehicle still eats oil and value is depreciating drastically because of Audi and Volkswagen epa violations.

- Tulsa, OK, USA

Dec 222013

The contact owns a 2011 Audi A4. The contact stated while driving 60 mph on an incline the clutch failed in sixth gear. The contact down shift the clutch and the vehicle stalled. The vehicle was towed to a local mechanic. The mechanic stated that the clutch was defective and needed to be replaced. The manufacturer suggested that the contact have the vehicle towed to a dealer. The contact towed the vehicle to the dealer where they were waiting on a response from the manufacturer. The failure mileage was 30,000.

- Newport Beach, CA, USA

Aug 242013

A4 4-cyl

I have had two instances of "sudden clutch failure", the first at 4,800 miles, the second at 31,000 miles. I was traveling on I-80 when suddenly the clutch started slipping and then burned out, leaving me stranded on the shoulder. According to Audi of oakland, the clutch failure has resulted in the clutch being in a "molten state" and the heat was so extreme that the clutch release bearing is fused to the transmission shaft. I have inspected the parts and have photos from that inspection. Audi of America repaired the clutch at their own expense after the first instance, but is denying any responsibility for this second occurrence. I have been driving standard shift Volkswagen's and audio's for 40 years and have never needed to replace a clutch before these two instances.

- Pewaukee, WI, USA