3.0

2011 Audi A4 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Audi A4:

2011 Audi A4 Owner Comments

May 312016

A4

Vehicle shuts off while driving for no apparent reason, has happened (at least 6 times) at speeds of 5mph to 65mph (most recent instance, on May 31, 2016). Very scary and dangerous. Random event. Car will restart and run fine for days to months. Fuel pump was replaced but not the problem. Dealer unable to dx due to intermittent nature.

- San Francisco, CA, USA

Apr 262015

A4

Ignition coils went out. Car stopped on busy street but was able to move to side street. Come to find out after I purchased the car the coils were recalled.. spoke with someone at Audi and they verified there was a recall on the coils. No one notified me including the dealership gurley leep and he did not notify me and I had to come out of $1,000 to have that process fixed then I had to turn around less than 24 hours again and something was wrong with the steering again I had to come out of another $1,000 this is B******* someone should have contacted me about the problems with the vehicle but that did not happen so to Audi and to gurley leep screw you that was $2,000 I came out of. No help from Audi nor dealership what so ever.. and I do believe I still have the transcript from the Audi representative that verify there was something wrong with the ignition coils.... not sure of the exact date but I believe it was April of 2015.

- South Bend, IN, USA

Oct 152015

A4

Vehicle stalled out and started shaking only to find out injectors went out and oil consumption issues. Audi usa is prolonging an issue that they know is wrong with the vehicle regarding oil consumption. I have completed phase I of the test and took it to dealership to have phase II completed however without my consent or knowledge Audi has the dealership perform phase I over again. Car is eating excessive amount of oil but yet Audi usa is prolonging the situation with no resolution. Purchased the car 08/24/2015 had to have an oil change done two weeks later beginning of September by October 15th I had to add more oil as the oil indicator light came on come to find out there is a known issue for consuming oil. I have phase I completed however I took vehicle in to have phase II done on it only to be told they had to do phase I over which isn't fair the vehicle still eats oil and value is depreciating drastically because of Audi and Volkswagen epa violations.

- Tulsa, OK, USA

Aug 272015

A4

Hi, I have a Audi A4 2011. I am a traveling man that only uses the car on the weekends. One day when I started the car in the morning I heard a rattle noise, turned out to be I had no A/C so the it was clear my A/C compressor died. I went to the Audi since they know they made bad A/C compressors and a lot of angry customers but since no recall has been made yet they said I have to assume a $2000 on repair my self. I think this is not fair for us customers to pay for something they know is defective. Please help.

- Cayey, PR, USA