4.1

2012 Audi A4 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Audi A4:

2012 Audi A4 Owner Comments

Sep 012012

A4

Extremely loud "roaring" noise on a cold start after having sat overnight. Dealership basically reported as normal "of no consequence". continuous since new.

- Tulsa, OK, USA

Jul 302015

A4

I recently purchased my 2012 Audi A4 after a few weeks the check engine light came on after taking my car to have it diagnosed I was told ( system was to lean in bank 1) I was told I needed a new O2 system, light never went off and I was told next that their was a leak in a vacuum seal and lastly my coolant level was depleting at a rapid speed and I was told that their was a leak from the water pump.

- Moody, AL, USA

Apr 052014

A4 4-cyl

Only five minutes after starting car in morning, engine rapidly lost power and quit completely while in 60 mph traffic on heavily traveled interstate 526 in charleston, SC. Coasted car out of traffic lanes to side, a very dangerous location on elevated roadway. Had car towed to Audi dealer, who said they tested and found fuel pump had failed. They replaced fuel pump and engine seems to run normally now. In four decades of driving I've never had a fuel pump fail. This one put my wife and me in jeopardy due to the sudden and complete loss of engine power in middle of fast, heavy traffic. We were lucky to get out without being hit by oncoming trucks & traffic.

- Baltimore, MD, USA