2013 Audi A4 accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Audi A4:

2013 Audi A4 Owner Comments

Sep 012014

I was loading my dogs into the car. The keys were sitting on dash because my hands were full. I had an 8 month old in the car in her car seat. As I closed the last door, the car locked with the keys and the baby inside it. I was in a fairly remote place but was able to get the fire department to get the car open and get the baby out before something tragic occurred. It happened to me once before when I was loading my car and the wind blew the last door shut. Both times the car locked immediately. The Audi dealership said that this key is supposed to lock the car after a specified period of time, 20 or 30 seconds. After researching they found they could disable the automatic locking system which they did for me. This is very dangerous as it could have been a very hot day with a child locked in the car, people need to be aware of this system and that they can lock a child or a non able bodied person or animal in a car.

- Denver, CO, USA