7.7

2014 Audi A4 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Audi A4:

2014 Audi A4 Owner Comments

Sep 142014

A4

My 2024 A4's 8 speed automatic will not always shift into 8th gear. I've went 18 miles before it finally shifted into high gear. I was even going down a long hill at 60 mph and it would not shift into high gear. This seems to happen more when the transmission is cold. You can see what gear its in by shifting the gear lever over into manual mode. I also noticed it will shift into high gear faster if you let up on the gas pedal after you reach 50 or more mph. My car has the drive select option ( comfort, auto, and dynamic modes) it doesn't matter which mode its in, I still have the problem. I noticed this last year and it is still happening.

- Junction City, OH, USA