7.4

2014 Audi A4 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Audi A4:

2014 Audi A4 Owner Comments

Jun 082014

A4

I purchased this car new from a dealership in Oct 2014 and after several months I was parked with the engine turned off when another vehicle started to back into my parked car. I attempted to blow my horn as a warning when I discovered that the horn will not blow (sound) if the engine is not turned on! this is clearly a safety issue. When I asked the dealership they described this as "a feature' of the Audi. I asked if they could wire my horn so it would blow when the engine was shut down and they said the wiring was too complex to make that change! this is clearly a safety issue an if my car is stalled I will not be able to blow my horn, or get attention for help or warnings.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA