4.8

2010 Audi A5 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Audi A5:

2010 Audi A5 Owner Comments

Apr 012016

A5

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Audi A5. The contact received a notification for NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags). The parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Palo Alto, CA, USA

Feb 092016

A5 4-cyl

Takata recall I received a notice in February 2016 regarding the recall but as of today October 21 I still have not received the repair notice. I have called numerous Audi dealers as well as the Audi worldwide number who told me they do not have parts and are waiting. I asked when they expect to get parts and they did not know at all. I contacted NHTSA and I was told they did not know when parts would be received by Audi neither. All they could tell me was living in ca I was in zone B and the next on this list after the higher priority high humidity areas. Due to the sheer number of recalls this could mean we may not get parts for years if something isn't done to improve production frequency, produce high quality airbags and make it available to the customers who have a recall notice. I am concerned driving the car with the recall notice as well as the deaths and issues regarding the airbag. We need quality parts to be allocated to Audi in ca as soon as possible. What is the plan to have more airbag parts available as soon as possible for consumers such as myself who has an Audi 2010 A5 to protect my safety while continuing to drive the vehicle?

- Burbank, CA, USA

May 112016

A5

The contact owns a 2010 Audi A5. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. The manufacturer informed the contact that there was no remedy. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Leander, TX, USA

Apr 182016

A5

Recall 16V078. Audi letter indicates body injury or death. My contact with Audi custemer service indicates its entirely my decision to drive car. They will not provide vehicle until recall problem is fixed. They have no time frame when it will be fixed, no parts will be available for over 2 months.

- Williamsport, PA, USA

Dec 082015

A5

The contact owns a 2010 Audi A5. The contact stated that the oil warning indicator illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that there was a malfunction with the air bags and the pistons, which needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 67,000.

- Anchorage, AK, USA