2001 Audi A6 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Audi A6:

2001 Audi A6 Owner Comments

Apr 302012

A6 6-cyl

Was driving in my 2001 Audi A6 to work, at about 45 mph, and when apply my brake, it suddenly went soft and the ABS light came on, also the brake light on dash starts flashing. I performed a brake service but and it did not correct the problem, I then took the vehicle for a diagnosis and found out it had a faulty ABS circuit and would cost around $2000 to repair. I later did a research and learned that these vehicles has a common ABS problem, which the Audi dealers would not answer to. I also learned this device were recall on the VW. Are there anyone to protects us from this costly, faulty unit failure?

- Brooklyn, NY, USA