2001 Audi A6 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Audi A6:

2001 Audi A6 Owner Comments

Apr 102014

A6 6-cyl

There is not accident involved yet. There is a gas smell on left rear side, over the wheel arch on my Audi A6 2001. I searched NHTSA for Audi recall campaign. There is a recall campaign# 11V267000 however, when I contact Audi-usa at the number provided by this campaign, that is 1-800-822-2834, after asking my the vehicle mileage, Audi-usa just said my car is not covered by the this recall. Apparently, the defect exactly matches what this recall campaign# 11V267000 describes. Why Audi-usa refuses to cover my car? I am wondering whether it's because my car is at high mileage. They may try to save cost, but this is an apparent safety hazard caused by manufacturing defect. And the defect should be fixed regardless of vehicle mileage. Regulators need to oversight things like this. The car manufacturers cannot just wait to fix defects until real accident happens.

- Clarksburg, MD, USA