2.8

2005 Audi A6 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Audi A6:

2005 Audi A6 Owner Comments

Dec 012009

A6

My ABS light, parking brake failure, and esp lights all came on at the same time while driving my 2005 Audi A6 4.2 S-line model through a sudden snow storm in Colorado. My ABS immediately failed and my brakes locked, causing me to lose control of my vehicle, and fortunately I avoided a crash (I was at low speeds). The quattro all wheel drive was also disabled at this time and I was unable to gain traction on the icy road. This could have been a devastating crash resulting in injuries if I had been going the speed limit that night. I immediately took my car in for service on 12/2/09 and was told I needed to have the ABS module replaced at a cost of around $1600. Why was this not a recalled part? according to the service tech at stammler Audi in boulder, co it is a very common problem with the 2005 model year because it is the first year to have some new technology involved in the vehicle's driving systems. I am extremely upset that there is nothing I can do but pay out of pocket for a defective part, that Audi also agrees with, just to drive safely on the roadways.

- Longmont, CO, USA