2005 Audi A6 lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Audi A6:

2005 Audi A6 Owner Comments

Sep 242015

I currently own a 2005 Audi A6 which has a failure of the rear tail lights. Both the driver's and passenger's side rear tail lights fail to illuminate when the vehicle was turned on. There is no brake light, turn light indicator, or hazard lights that is operable. At first it was thought that the bulbs needed to be replaced. However, while replacing the bulb I noticed that the circuit board showed signs of a burnout. It is well known that Audi has had a problem with voltage problems with the tail lights. Without tail lights, indicator lights or hazard lights there is a serious chance that an accident could occur. Currently there is no recall for this failure. The failure mileage was approximately 112,000.

- Upper Marlboro, MD, USA

Apr 092013

My sunroof will not retract..

- Grand Prairie, TX, USA

Jan 242015

I started my car and noticed a headlight dipped warning light I google this and noticed that thousands of others have the same issue.

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Oct 122013

A6 6-cyl

2005 Audi A6 has water damage. Some how over night heavy rain seepage left an inch of water behind driver seat. Car was parked in driveway. All windows and doors where closed. This has caused $10,000 electrical damage to modules located under front passenger seat. These modules alert me about esp/ABS and park brake as well as a module that powers the vehicles mmi/navigation and stereo system. None of these function any longer. Insurance company wants to totaled the vehicle, I spent $7000 already on repairing the vehicle. Don't know where the water entered my vehicle. Is Audi responsible? this appears to be a design flaw.

- Harrisburg, PA, USA

Apr 082010

I purchased a 2005 Audi A6 3.2 quattro in August of 2008 with 37,000 miles. In December 2008 I took the car to the Audi dealer in pasadena because the left rear taillight, left rear reversing light, and left rear fog light were shorting out off and on. Sometimes they would work, sometimes they wouldn't. the dealer said the connectors to that left tail lamp assembly were melted and it was fixed under warranty. The following summer, 2009, I took the car back to the dealer this time in santa monica, ca for the same problem and an oil change where once again they said the connectors to the left rear tail lamp, reversing light, and fog light were melted. I refused to pay and took car to an independent shop for a diagnosis. They said the vehicle has an electrical short and couldn't fix it. A week or two later, the lights were working again. That was summer/fall 2009. By April 2010, the lights stopped working again. I took the car into another Audi dealer this time in downtown, la. They diagnosed the problem saying the electrical system is sending too much electrical current to that side of the car and is causing the wiring to burn at the connection point to the tail lamp assembly. I refuse to pay for service that was already repaired I said just 15 months ago and asked why this is only happening to that side of the vehicle. They told me I would have to pay $385 to fix it. I then took the car to another independent shop this week and they refused to fix the car because there are burn points in the trunk where the wiring is faulty and that Audi should fix the electrical system in the vehicle as it will just keep happening over and over again. I've also had problems with the window switches not working on the left side of the vehicle, and the lights shorting out in the center console. This is not only a big nuisance but I am worried that this could catch fire. Please help in this situation, thank you so much for your time.

- West Hollywood, CA, USA