2007 Audi A6 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Audi A6:

2007 Audi A6 Owner Comments

Apr 232016

A6

The contact owned a 2007 Audi A6. The contact stated that while parking, the vehicle independently accelerated and scrapped the side of a cement wall before crashing into a parked vehicle. The contact mentioned that the air bags deployed. A police report was filed. The contact did not sustain any injuries. The vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 112,000.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Oct 062006

A6 6-cyl

I have a 2007 Audi A6 quatro. I was in a parking garage and needed to turn around. Vehicle was involved in an accident, backed into a cement pole, slowly, but enough to be felt. When I put the car in forward and began to move forward, the car accelerated on it's own at a very high rate of speed. We crashed head-on into a cement wall. I know many cases of unintended acceleration have been reported, with the conclusion that drivers hit the accelerator when they thought they were hitting the brake. I was not trying to brake, I had applied the brakes when I hit the pole in reverse and was attempting to accelerate forward when the car just took off like a rocket. I did not have time to brake before we hit the wall. I hope you will investigate this. Someone easily could have been killed. Note, when filling out the vehicle information, it was an A6.

- Sudbury, MA, USA