2009 Audi A6 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Audi A6:

2009 Audi A6 Owner Comments

Jun 192010

Purchased a 2009 Audi A6 as my primary commuter and family vehicle. As I was attempting to put some items in the passenger front seat, the door unexpectedly close on my arm and scraped off about 2.5 inches of my skin around my right elbow. What worried me most was that I was holding my daughter, fortunately on my left side, and my daughter was not hurt. I also have a son which is currently I level with the door trim and am constantly worried every time I open and close the door. Something I should not have to do. I have contacted both the dealer and Audi corporate and apparently, this is not a big enough issue for them at the moment. According to Audi, that is the design of the vehicle and many of their vehicles have similar trims. All I requested was for them to somehow install some extra padding on the trim to give me piece of mind and was basically told to live with it. My main concern is the safety of my children. Purchasing this car as my family car, I should not have to worry about them getting hurt each time the door opens and closes and I wanted to share this incident to other Audi drivers out there. Please check both your front doors chrome trims and you will find that the edges are exposed and sharp.

- Daly City, CA, USA