2014 Audi A6 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Audi A6:

2014 Audi A6 Owner Comments

Jul 202016

At 5pm on July 20, 2016 I drove my A6 to the home of my granddaughters friend, they are both 15 yrs. Old and were in the car at the time, to drop her off. I pulled into the driveway and when I put the car into park it lunged, at a fast rate, forward smashing into a railroad tie retaining wall and then flew into reverse. During this entire time my foot was on the brake and the shift was in park. As this was happening there was also a loud grinding noise coming from the car. So loud that 2 neighbors came running out of their separate houses. I pulled the emergency brake lever and the car stopped. It had gone backwards down the driveway, about 10 to 15 feet, into the street and back over a curb at such a rate that the back tire blew out. It came to a stop on the lawn just missing a tree trunk by a foot. The car was towed by an Audi dealer and a week later Audi sent an engineer from auburn hills, mi to look at it. They said there's nothing wrong with it. The police were called to the scene and I have a police report. The policeman drove the vehicle off the lawn and he also heard a grinding noise. I will not drive this vehicle again. It is a death trap. I believe something went wrong with either the computer or some other electronic part. The car acted completely on it's own. My husband and I have had at least 8 to 10 Audi's over the years and nothing like this has ever happened to us before. We've also had many other types of vehicles. What can we do?

- Sparta, NJ, USA

Apr 142014

A6 6-cyl

Was driving at approximately 30 mph when the car made a "clunk" sound and I lost any ability to control the vehicle. I pressed the accelerator and nothing happened. The steering wheel completely locked and I had no ability to turn the wheel. I coasted down a hill and the wheel unlocked, but I had no power steering and still no ability to accelerate. I was able to get the car into a parking lot and had it towed to the tucson Arizona Audi dealer. They have yet to figure out what the problem was. They replaced the fuel pump twice and tried to run the vehicle but can't keep it running for more than 2 minutes. The car keeps "seizing" up is what the service shop tells me. They still can't fix it and the car only has just over 5,000 miles on it.

- Marana, AZ, USA