- September 7: Audi Recalls A3 Cars Because the Engines Can Stall recalls | 12 days ago
- August 17: Audi Start-Stop Lawsuit Says Rollaway Danger Exists news | 33 days ago
- August 13: Former Audi and VW 'Clean Diesel' Owners/Lessees File Lawsuit news | 37 days ago
- July 9: Audi Recalls Q3 SUVs Over Brake Light Problems recalls | 72 days ago
- July 9: Millions of Cars May Be At Risk of Gas Leaks investigations | 72 days ago
2012 Audi A8
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2012 Audi A8
Official recalls have been issued for the 2012 Audi A8 by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local Audi service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call Audi customer service.
2012 Audi A8 ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING:ENGINE NHTSA Campaign #16V619000
Summary: Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Volkswagen) is recalling certain model year 2010-2013 Audi A8 vehicles manufactured May 15, 2010, to May 14, 2012. The affected vehicles have a coolant valve that may leak, allowing coolant to enter the engine control module causing a loss of power or the engine to stall.
Consequence: A vehicle stall increases the risk of a crash.
Actions: Audi will notify owners, and dealers will replace the coolant valve and inspect for coolant that has leaked through the electrical connector, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin October 19, 2016. Owners may contact Audi customer service at 1-800-253-2834. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #16V619000 »