6.4

2015 Audi A8 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Audi A8:

2015 Audi A8 Owner Comments

May 182016

A8

I was driving on a Suburban city street in a straight line with no cars or any other obstructions ahead of me or behind me. Without warning, the car engaged its emergency braking throwing my daughter and me forward violently into our seat belts. When I fell back, the dashboard was showing me a proximity warning but again nothing was anywhere near our car. The servicing dealer said they didn't find any error codes and so there was nothing they could do. This hasn't happened again (yet) but the cameras all around the car that engage for parking and in reverse are constantly going out and/or the vehicle mmi system randomly retracts into the dash while driving.

- Kingwood, TX, USA

Aug 202015

A8

The brake and gas pedals are too close. I consistently hit the brake while accelerating. They need to be spaced farther apart, and the brake pedal moved to the left. There are comments all over the internet about this problem and Audi service says there is no fix. I have large feet and have never had this problem with any other car manufacturer. I need the NHTSA to get involved before someone gets hurt. This is a very big defect that needs to be fixed.

- Tustin, CA, USA