7.9

2015 Audi Q3 lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Audi Q3:

2015 Audi Q3 Owner Comments

Jul 102015

Q3

After the dealer performed scheduled maintenance on my vehicle, I discovered that my tail lights no longer worked, including rear brake lights. I decided to determine what caused the malfunction and was able to replicate the issue with the following steps: 1. while the car is off, open the lift gate. 2. manually close the lift gate, but softly. Close it all the way. 3. turn on the vehicle. The rear brake lights will not work, even if you turn the lights off and on. 4. open and close the lift gate firmly to restore brake light functionality. I did not discover this issue until three days after my service appointment, and have not used the lift gate of my vehicle. I can only guess that the dealership performed these steps when my vehicle was in for maintenance. I was driving without brake lights for three days! I could have caused an accident. I can provide video proof of this if necessary.

- Reno, NV, USA