Excessive Oil Consumption

6.0

2011 Audi Q5 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Audi Q5:

2011 Audi Q5 Owner Comments

Aug 252012

Q5

Service dealer in Lebanon is not serious about solving this problem

- , Beirut, Beirut, Lebanon

Jan 012012

Q5 Premium 2.5L

This model has everything you want - on paper, but it is not practical. I was shocked to see I was out of oil only months after purchasing the car brand new. To make matters worse, there is no dipstick to check the oil if on the side of the road and unsure whether it is just a computer glitch.

As well, this vehicle's MMI (on board computer) does not offer enough options to do basic things like select the volume of the radio when the car turns on. There's only one volume - LOUD.

I am so disappointed in this car and am looking to switch to the Volvo. To be stuck on the side of the road THREE times with the oil light on, is not very comforting. Audi says - that's normal consumption for the vehicle. I don't like the idea that I have to fill the oil every 1000 kms. Ridiculous. Would warn you not to buy this car.

- , Eden, Ontario, canada