5.3

2011 Audi Q5 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Audi Q5:

2011 Audi Q5 Owner Comments

Dec 012014

Q5 2.0a T

Really headache! Since I bought this SUV at SGD210K in Aug'11, everything should be nice except the engine oil problem. My last Toyota car never had such problem, never refill engine oil except during car service for every 5K or 10K. But for this Q5, first time, around 2500km, I had to refill 1L, after then, even if I use the best and most expensive engine oil, but only could last 1000km, for last 3 months, only last 300-500km, I had to refill it every week, sometime twice a week!

Checked with car service company, advised that it is quite normal for this model, but if 1L could only support 300km, I believe it shall be not normal!

- , Singapore, Singapore, Singapore

Aug 252012

Q5

Service dealer in Lebanon is not serious about solving this problem

- , Beirut, Beirut, Lebanon

Jan 012012

Q5 Premium 2.5L

This model has everything you want - on paper, but it is not practical. I was shocked to see I was out of oil only months after purchasing the car brand new. To make matters worse, there is no dipstick to check the oil if on the side of the road and unsure whether it is just a computer glitch.

As well, this vehicle's MMI (on board computer) does not offer enough options to do basic things like select the volume of the radio when the car turns on. There's only one volume - LOUD.

I am so disappointed in this car and am looking to switch to the Volvo. To be stuck on the side of the road THREE times with the oil light on, is not very comforting. Audi says - that's normal consumption for the vehicle. I don't like the idea that I have to fill the oil every 1000 kms. Ridiculous. Would warn you not to buy this car.

- , Eden, Ontario, canada