2011 Audi Q5 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Audi Q5:

2011 Audi Q5 Owner Comments

Aug 192016

The indoor odor of the car smelled strong of gas. The area around or under the car was completely dry. The smell was prevalent while moving or parked. The gas tank was dry at the nozzle. I drive my family in the car, including my grandchildren. I was concerned for our safety so had my local mechanic evaluate. They discovered a pin hole leak in the fuel pump under the rear seat and gas was all over the gas tank. Any spark would have set the car in flames and possible explosion given the location of the leak. This repair cost $1131. This obvious flaw should be identified by Audi and a recall should be in place to replace this defective part.

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Oct 142015

I purchased vehicle July 2015 after 1 month I would smell gas fumes over time it became aggressively strong I took vehicle in for servicing where I was told they didnt find anything...1month later took it back demanded they fix it I had to contact corporate found out they had to replace fuel pump & gasket in addition, oil consumption is an issue which is still a big problem. From 10/14/15 to 7/4/2016 the oil indicator asking for 1 quart. This serms to be happening 1X month. The service tech.inforned me there was a recall regarding this & my vehicle may not have been serviced for this. Im not a person who drives long distance or highway I travel to work and occassional errands nonetheless this is a nuisance not to mention the financial obligation. Why am I paying so much for a luxury vehicle that I dont enjoy.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Apr 222016

My Q5 had over the last 4 weeks a funky gasoline smell on the interior /exterior of the vehicle while parked or concern raised when I have seen my fuel consumption going up, so I had it checked by my local mechanic. He found that the cover of the pump assembly was cracking the top part of the fuel pump canister and gasoline is sitting in the the smell interior and exterior is coming forth cracked fuel assembly. I had no accident or impact to the car that could cost this problem and reached out to Audi usa to hopefully adress this issue. In the meanwhile I'm not driving the car since it is a fire hazard and could blow up in front of me.see picture attached

- Naples, FL, USA