Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: Consumer Reports said the 2012-14 Q5 ranks "very good" for reliability, and so far our numbers show it's hard to argue with that. Just know that you might have a tough time keeping the car straight on the highway.

2013 Audi Q5 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Audi Q5:

2013 Audi Q5 Owner Comments

Jun 252013

Q5 6-cyl

Unexpected braking. I at once pulled off the road into a driveway and attempted to place the vehicle in park but was unable to shift out of drive. I eventually was able to stop the engine with the shifter still in drive. I contacted the dealership and roadside assistance. The vehicle was towed to the dealership. After 3 days at the dealership, I was told that diagnostic tests did not reveal any problem and that the dealership was unable to recreate the problem. The vehicle has been returned to me and I am awaiting further communication from Audi and/or recurrence of the problem. This has been the second problem I have had with this vehicle. The first problem occurred on the way home after purchase.. while driving, the check engine warning light came on. I contacted the dealership and was asked to return the vehicle to the dealership. After undergoing diagnostic testing, it was determined that the air intake manifold needed to be replaced.

- Grand Junction, CO, USA