$3,000.00

2. repair drainage issue (1 reports)
2007 Audi Q7 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Audi Q7:

2007 Audi Q7 Owner Comments

Jul 042013

Q7

After a heavy rain, the drain tubes which run from the sunroof and down both sides of the driver and passenger side leaked water in the interior of the car. This cause the battery which is under the drivers seat to be drained and burned up several control modules which caused the car to not communicate with the battery and control modules so it could start. It also caused a mold issue. I was not aware that there were drain tubes on the roof and they can only be seen by removing the sunroof and front windshield. It has been three weeks since my car has been at the dealership and my warranty does not cover the water damage. I'm thankful for my insurance company because I could never absorb the cost of the repairs. Audi has not been very understanding and I get the impression they refuse to acknowledge this issue as a design failure. This water damage was caused through no fault of mine and Audi of America says they are not responsible for environmental issues with the car. That may be true...they can't control the weather but I feel its their responsibility to keep the rain out of my car. It rains on peoples cars everyday but the rain does not go inside my Pathfinder and it has a sunroof. I've not been given any guarantee that this issue will not happen again it will alway be on the back of my mind when it rains now.

- , Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Dec 082011

Q7 LX 3.6L

My car is in the dealer from last sat Dec,10. Today is Dec 14 & still they don't know what was the problem.

- , vernon, CA - California, USA