1.6

2007 Audi Q7 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Audi Q7:

2007 Audi Q7 Owner Comments

Oct 062016

Q7

The oil pump bolt vibrated loose causing timing gear and chain to fall out inside engine causing catastrophic engine failure and loss of brakes and power steering. Was in motion on a city street moving with traffic and suddenly the engine silently fails causing loss of power assist breaks and steering. The car is almost silent so I did not realize until I came up to a stop light and needed to brake almost causing a serious accident. If you google "oil pump bolt issues" you will see there are hundreds of passats and Audi 's with 3.6 liter engines manufactured at the same factory with this issue. Most of them failed while the cars were under warranty and were fixed quietly by the dealers. Those of us who were unlucky enough to buy one that has not had the "strengthened bolt' installed or engine failure prior to the warranty are driving ticking time bombs. The big problem for this part is that it is located behind a cover in such a way that the engine needs to be pulled in order to reach it this is an extremely expensive preventative step close to 2 K or more just to check for a bolt. I wish I had known prior to this happening as every place I've spoken to wants 15000 dollars to install another engine. I could have easily been killed if I was going a little faster and needed to stop fast.

- Great Falls, VA, USA

Aug 032016

Q7

My wife and daughter were driving on a busy section of road when the car died. No one was hurt and there was no accident. A police officer provided safety until the tow vehicle came. The issue is a blown engine. There was no indication that the engine was failing and it appears to be a timing chain issue. We have had all required maintenance performed at Audi but it is pass the warranty so I am getting no support from Audi recognizing or admitting to the problem. The following link/forum describes the problem: www.passatworld.com/forums/Volkswagen-passat-B6-discussion/327507-3-6-oil-bolt-failure-reference-material.html this is a design issue that I wish Audi/VW would be held accountable to correct as it puts people in danger on the road as well as costing a significant amount of money to fix.

- Waterford, CT, USA

Mar 012016

Q7

The contact owns a 2007 Audi Q7. The contact stated that the vehicle was emitting a strong fuel odor. In addition, the check engine warning light illuminated. The contact took the vehicle to a certified mechanic who stated the plugs and the manifold failed and needed to be replaced. The vehicle had not been repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 100,000.

- Houston, TX, USA

Oct 132013

Q7 6-cyl

Driving my car when I heard pop and car stalled. Engine would not turn over and had to have it towed to dealer. Dealer said oil pump went and caused the engine to seize. Know I have to replace engine. Car was at dealer two weeks prior and issue not addressed.

- Wayne, NJ, USA