2.4

2007 Audi Q7 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Audi Q7:

2007 Audi Q7 Owner Comments

Jan 082012

Q7 6-cyl

When returning from a trip, about 1 mile from home I experienced a very strong smell of gasoline in the passenger compartment. When I got home and opened the hood, gasoline was spraying from the engine onto the hot exhaust manifold and instantly vaporizing into a cloud. I think we were very lucky this did not result in a fire that could have seriously injured me and my family. I took the car to a nearby garage, and the mechanic confirmed the issue and told me the car could not be driven. I had it towed to roger beasley Audi, in austin. After examining the engine they confirmed the leak and determined it was due to a broken fuel injector inside the engine. I feel this issue is a very serious injury risk, and will likely result in a fire hazard.

- Austin, TX, USA