3.9

2010 Audi Q7 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Audi Q7:

2010 Audi Q7 Owner Comments

Jun 142013

Q7

I have an Audi Q7 2010. June 2013, my husband, 4 yr old son and I were driving on the freeway going with the flow of traffic. The car started shaking violently and decelerated to 20 miles per hour. My husband pushed the gas petal over and over and the car would not speed up. Luckily no one was hurt, however we were very scared. We were able to pull to the emergency lane and make it to the Audi dealership close by. January 2014, I was heading to pick up my son from school and the car started shaking violently again- this time worse then before and came to a complete stop in the middle of traffic. The steering wheel locked up and I was stuck. The police were called because I was not in a safe place and the car had to be towed to the dealership. Dealer stated that they found fault in the fuel system, metal shavings in the fuel filter in additional to low fuel pressure. Also confirmed metal shavings in the N290 valve. They had to get authorization from germany to replace entire fuel system. July 2014- yes it happened again. This time my husband and son were headed to go on a father-son camping trip and right before they lost all cell service the car started violently shaking again and decelerated. My husband left the car in a safe place and had friend come get them. The car is a lemon. I have asked that Audi America to replace the car and they sent a technician to the dealership who replaced the fuel filter again and has decided the car is repaired and safe to drive. This is after the manager of the service department told Audi America that the car is not safe and recommended they replace the car. He said " I wouldn't let my wife drive your car". this happened to a friend of mine with an Audi Q7 and Audi had to be forced to an arbitration. She ended up with a new diesel and it happened again! she is now on her 3rd Audi. This time no diesal.

- San Francisco, CA, USA

Oct 252012

Q7 6-cyl Diesel

Tdi high pressure fuel pump failure while accelerating from red light. This resulted in loss of power steering, power brakes and steering wheel locked while pulling car over. Had car been traveling at high speed or less experienced driver it would have resulted in an accident.

- Beverly Hills, CA, USA

Jun 022012

Q7 6-cyl Diesel

This is a tdi version of the Q7. The high pressure fuel pump failed during normal use and sent metal parts through the fuel lines, through the fuel filter and into the combustion chambers. As a result, the engine ceased and we were left stranded in the middle of the road on a winding canyon road. The engine block was damaged; the crank shaft bent, the pistons damaged the heads and many other parts were destroyed. The car was repaired by an Audi dealer and required all new fuel components (bumper to bumper) and a new engine. The car was in the shop for over a month.

- Tarzana, CA, USA