9.7

2015 Audi Q7 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Audi Q7:

2015 Audi Q7 Owner Comments

Oct 152014

Q7

After buying my new 2015 Audi Q7 on 9/27/14, I started experiencing hesitations when pulling out into traffic from dead stops. The very first time it happened I was in the median of a 4-lane highway waiting to turn left into traffic. I pressed the accelerator it started into the lane of traffic then stopped. I sat there for about 2-3 seconds before it took off. I expected to get hit. It wasn't the gas nor me. I have been driving for 38 years and driven over 20 vehicles and have never experienced this before. It continues to happen randomly and always unexpectedly sometimes 1 time a week sometimes 3 times a week. The hesitation is as much as 3-4 seconds. On 4/18/15 I brought it in to Audi of new orleans. They called stating that they could not duplicate the problem and to come pick it up. I picked it up right at closing. Upon leaving the dealership, I stopped to wait for traffic, proceeded to make my right turn, and it happened. On 5/25/15 I brought it to Audi of baton rouge, which is where I bought it. They called me on 5/29/15 and told me: That they could not duplicate what I was experiencing; that the technician knew what I was talking about, but that is just the way the Q7S are; and that the technician wanted to ride around with me when I come to pick it up. That afternoon and I drove around with the technician first in another Q7 then in my Q7. I could not reproduce it with either car. However, the technician did tell me that he knew what I was experiencing and that that is just how the Q7S are and that the reason is because when I press the accelerator the computer takes control and decides if it will give me the power I need to proceed. I believe that no car should hesitate and put people in jeopardy by not giving the engine the gas it needs to perform as it should. I also feel that Audi should make all drivers and future drivers of Q7S aware of its behavior....updated 10/01/15

- Galliano, LA, USA