2012 Audi S4 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Audi S4:

2012 Audi S4 Owner Comments

Mar 302016

I am a mechnic with 10 years of experience and I just started this new job two weeks ago. Their just three mechnics in the shop. We had a 2012 Audi S4 come into the shop with the owner complaining of brake problems. The owner of the car said the somtimes all the sudden his brakes would go out while he was driving and his brake pedel felt soft. I took on the work. My shop foreman told me to bleed the brakes out. So I did. I noticed tht the brake resivior had a thick green subtance in it. I knew from my experience that their was a lot of water and other contamination in the system. I imeaditly informd my foreman that the system needed to be flushed and cleaned. My foreman told me tht the car was done and to move on. I imeaditly expressed my concern and gave my professional advice that that car was not to be driving until it was fixd. The brakes could fail anytime and somone could be killed. Hrs later I looked outside and seen the cars owner and his kids get into the car and drive off. I again expressed my concern to the foreman. He had told the customer tht it was fixed. My forman just let this costmer leave out in a car with his kids the was unsafe to be on the road. The car is a death trap. My foreman just didnt care. Next day the car came back with the costomer complaing the his brakes faild on him and that they where not fixed. If someone had been killed than it would be my foremans falt for neglance. I think he should goto jail for this. It is moraly wrong and dangerous. Wht is it gonna take for thease type of actions from him to stop. Hopfully not for somonemto die first.

- Trenton, GA, USA

Feb 012015

Very abruptly shifts up or down launching the car forward without warning

- Webster, NY, USA