2.8

2004 Audi TT accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Audi TT:

2004 Audi TT Owner Comments

Apr 182012

TT 4-cyl

Failed engine temperature gauge diagnosed by Audi technician as a failed instrument cluster; the cluster has to be replaced or all gauges may fail without warning.

- Wilton, CT, USA

Dec 092010

TT 6-cyl

The car was having electrical problems, appear related to instrument cluster failure. I scheduled with Audi to evaluate faulty gas gauge and radio staying on after key removed. Anyhow, before I could get it into Audi, the car while driving jerked violently and then would not shift gears. It was lucky I was not going very fast as I was on windy roads with cliffs. I could have been seriously injured or dead had the car lost control. There have been recalls on the dsg and clutch assembly for my model car, but they don't show up on my record with Audi. The car then would not engage gears for a few restarts, suddenly it was fine and would drive but I had it towed due to risk factors and uncertainty. I believe these are related events and they tell me I need a new transmission. This car has only 45K miles and I'm not sure it is a mechanical failure at tall. It is strange that all of these events coincided and suspect problems with computer communication between tranny and instrument cluster. They are not helping me resolve this and denying instrument cluster problem. Saying there is nothing wrong but the gas gauge is not working and this is a classic sign of instrument cluster failure which led to the lawsuit.

- Portland, OR, USA