2009 BMW 128 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 BMW 128:

2009 BMW 128 Owner Comments

Sep 092016

We received notice of the airbags recall over three months ago, and have been told by dealer, reeves BMW, that the promise parts were to be received by end of summer, are not yet received and they cannot repair vehicle.

- Lutz, FL, USA

Feb 262016

Takata recall we were advised by letter in February 2016 that our model had a defective airbag, and that we would be notified when a solution was available. It is now September and still no notice from BMW. Considering the fact that older model cars and cars in damp humid climates (we live in Florida) would receive first priority, shouldn't we have heard back from BMW by now?

- Palm Coast, FL, USA

Mar 032016

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 BMW 128I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V071000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Largo, FL, USA

Feb 152016

The contact owns a 2009 BMW 123-I. the contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 16V071000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed was unavailable to perform the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Viera, FL, USA

Nov 022015

128 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2009 BMW 128I. The contact stated that the air bag warning light remained illuminated. The contact also noticed that while driving at various speeds, the vehicle drastically reduced speed as if it might stall. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 13V044000 (electrical system). The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was not available. Updated 04/13/16 the blower motor was replaced. Updated 04/20/16.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Aug 032015

I recently had to purchase a new passenger airbag on my 2009 BMW 1 series, since the entire passenger airbag system malfunctioned. I understand that there are certain BMW vehicles which had a recall due to malfunctioning passenger airbags. When I took my vehicle to the dealership, the persons at the dealership mentioned that the 2009 1 series has not been affected by the passenger airbag recall.

- Miami, FL, USA

Feb 022015

128 6-cyl

On November 28, 2014, my wife and I purchased a 2009 BMW 1-series convertible from a local Chrysler dealer. We also purchased an extended warranty contract through the dealer. A few weeks later, my wife noticed the air bag icon on the dashboard was lit and a air bag "off " light located above the rear view mirror stayed on. We contacted the dealer to have it checked but the dealer could not diagnose the problem since they did have the diagnostic equipment to do so.they suggested that we take to a repair shop that had the equipment to test it. After the repair shop tested the system it was determined that air bag sensor located in the passenger seat was defective. The dealer's warranty company was then contacted by the repair shop to notified them about the failure and the cost to repair is estimated at approximately $1,800. We were then notified that the repair was not covered by the warranty. We then re-contacted the dealer to authorize the repair by the repair shop and they refused, saying that the repair was not covered by the type of warranty that we had purchased. Our concern is that because the air bag system is not operating correctly, there may be a chance of an accidental activation and deployment of the air bags and possibly injury. I read on the NHTSA's website that there is an investigation concerning the air bag systems on BMW's, id # 10052013 and think that this should be looked into further.

- Carneys Point, NJ, USA