4.1

2008 BMW 135 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 BMW 135:

2008 BMW 135 Owner Comments

May 272016

135

Takata recall. BMW is providing replacement air bags to their dealers and the dealers are using them to replace air bags on their cars being sold, not to their customers. I received my recall notice May 27th 2016 and am still waiting for the replacement.

- Lakeland, TN, USA

Mar 312016

135

BMW North America issued recall re: Drivers front airbag module last March 2016. To date the BMW has been out of parts to comply with this recall. I believe BMW North America is not taking this recall seriously. According to the saftey risk: Inflator may rupture resulting in metal fragments striking driver. That seems like a serious risk to go unresolved for 6 months. Given the serious nature of this risk, I would like the NHTSA put pressure on BMW North America to get the damn parts and make the repairs. Recalls are useless if car mfg don't make the repairs timely. Do your job and require BMW North America to make the repairs timely or face fines and penalties considering the safety risk.

- Henderson, NV, USA

Aug 302016

135

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 BMW 1. the contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V071000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Lilburn, GA, USA

Mar 012016

135

Takata recall notified by BMW in March 2016 but still not repaired.

- Winfield, IL, USA

Aug 042016

135 6-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 BMW 135I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V071000 (air bags) however, the part for the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 09/08/16 updated 09/28/16.

- Inverness, FL, USA

Mar 152016

135

Takata recall BMW has stonewalled me! they say I can have a loaner. Wonderful, except it's not a BMW since all late model bmws have been recalled. I can't sell my car because no one would want it pending a recall that has not been addressed by BMW or takata. When I inquired about the recall loaner agreement, I was told I would need to sign an agreement for a 2-3 year rental and not drive my car except for a weekly startup and back and forth in the driveway to be sure the battery was good. I am now looking into a class action suit. I have several friends with more recent models subject to this recall and they are hopping mad and ready to go to court. It is completely unacceptable that neither company, BMW and takata, have owned up and shown what they will do about it. Instead, all we customers hear is "yes, it's a terrible situation, but there is nothing we can do but offer you the loaner." Well, there is something we owners can do. We are a litigious bunch!!

- Cary, NC, USA

Oct 142015

135

Air bag light was on all the time. Possible loose contact pin tension for left side airbag circuit. Drivers seat airbag contacts on wiring harness side had to be replaced.

- Des Moines, IA, USA

Mar 022015

135 6-cyl

My car warning message stated fault in passenger side airbag/belt tensioner, service asap, continue to wear safety belt (or something similar). Took vehicle to dealer, diagnosed with passenger seat mat occupancy sensor failure. Quoted $2600 for repair. This has been in the past and currently a recall problem that has affected over 200,000 vehicles due to a faulty/poorly designed part. Dealer and BMW of na state that my vehicle has not yet been included in recall. This is an extreme safety issue, it should not take multiple complaints, injuries, or deaths before cars having this issue are placed on the recall list! in addition a repair to a safety component should not be put someone nearly $3000 in debt! NHTSA please encourage BMW to enforce the recall/extended warranty to all vehicles having this same issue, there a hundreds of threads on the internet regarding bmws of all makes and models having the same problem with the sensors failing. Please do not wait for people to be injured or killed because of a faulty part not allowing the airbag to deploy!

- Riverview, FL, USA