7.8

2009 BMW 135 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 BMW 135:

2009 BMW 135 Owner Comments

Feb 052016

135

Takata recall. Nothing has happen just want my airbags replaced been waiting a long, long time and I haven't heard a thing on recall repairs

- Columbus, GA, USA

Feb 052016

135

Takata recall: My driver air bag have yet to be replaced. This is from February 5, 2016. I can't drive my car outside of my town for fear of an accident. This is a sin!!! it's been almost a year. I am even worried about driving in town but trusting my lord and savior for my life safety. Takata needs to get the job done for all of us.

- College Station, TX, USA

Jul 012016

135

Takata recall---the BMW is used as a commuter vehicle traveling 64 miles each day, 5 days a week. I was alerted to the air bag problem by the dealer. I've contacted the dealer on 2 occasions inquiring as to the status of the replacement bags; both calls were not helpful as I was told that the bags were still not available and that there is no date as to when my car can be repaired. I understand, too, that the car can't be sold or traded for a replacement vehicle. This scenario has left me in a comprimised position. I'm driving a car that has a serious defect that could be hazardous to my health and I can't replace the car which now has over 100,000 miles on it.

- Leander, TX, USA

Sep 092016

135

We received notice of the airbags recall over three months ago, and have been told by dealer, reeves BMW, that the promise parts were to be received by end of summer, are not yet received and they cannot repair vehicle.

- Lutz, FL, USA

Feb 262016

135

Takata recall we were advised by letter in February 2016 that our model had a defective airbag, and that we would be notified when a solution was available. It is now September and still no notice from BMW. Considering the fact that older model cars and cars in damp humid climates (we live in Florida) would receive first priority, shouldn't we have heard back from BMW by now?

- Palm Coast, FL, USA

Feb 152016

135

The contact owns a 2009 BMW 123-I. the contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 16V071000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed was unavailable to perform the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Viera, FL, USA

May 042016

135 6-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 BMW 135I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V071000 (air bags); however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 07/12/16 updated 07/14/16.

- South Orange, NJ, USA

Feb 022015

135 6-cyl

On November 28, 2014, my wife and I purchased a 2009 BMW 1-series convertible from a local Chrysler dealer. We also purchased an extended warranty contract through the dealer. A few weeks later, my wife noticed the air bag icon on the dashboard was lit and a air bag "off " light located above the rear view mirror stayed on. We contacted the dealer to have it checked but the dealer could not diagnose the problem since they did have the diagnostic equipment to do so.they suggested that we take to a repair shop that had the equipment to test it. After the repair shop tested the system it was determined that air bag sensor located in the passenger seat was defective. The dealer's warranty company was then contacted by the repair shop to notified them about the failure and the cost to repair is estimated at approximately $1,800. We were then notified that the repair was not covered by the warranty. We then re-contacted the dealer to authorize the repair by the repair shop and they refused, saying that the repair was not covered by the type of warranty that we had purchased. Our concern is that because the air bag system is not operating correctly, there may be a chance of an accidental activation and deployment of the air bags and possibly injury. I read on the NHTSA's website that there is an investigation concerning the air bag systems on BMW's, id # 10052013 and think that this should be looked into further.

- Carneys Point, NJ, USA