3.4

2010 BMW 135 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 BMW 135:

2010 BMW 135 Owner Comments

Feb 052016

Takata recall

- Canal Fulton, OH, USA

Mar 152016

135

Takata recall-- I received a recall notice in March 2016 notifying me of the takata air bag recall. It stated that repair time was unknown as yet. I called our local BMW dealer, BMW of columbia, columbia, SC, recently and was told no repair can be scheduled yet. I am very nervous about the safety of driving this ca rand upset they can ignore the danger.

- Columbia, SC, USA

Nov 072015

135

On November 6, 2015, when I turned on my car, the passenger airbag light and seat belt light of my car illuminated on the dashboard as well as the passenger air bag "on-off" lamp was illuminated. There was no one sitting in the passenger seat. I drove the car for 40 minutes and the lights would not turn off. I asked my spouse to seat in the passenger seat and the airbag light and seat belt light remained on while driving. I took the car to the BMW dealer on November 7, 2015 and the service advisor diagnosed that the car needed the sensor on the passenger side that detects someone is sitting in the seat, which is causing the airbag light and seat belt light to remain on. In 2008 & 2013, BMW issued a voluntary recall involving front passenger seat sensor mat on U.S.a. model bmws. The model and year of my car was not part of the recall. On March 31, 2015, BMW decided to expand recalls 08V-384 and 13V-564 to replace the passenger occupancy seat mat on additional affected vehicles.

- Escondido, CA, USA