- August 1: BMW Recalls Older 3-Series and 5-Series Cars recalls | 21 days ago
- July 15: BMW Recalls 14,000 Vehicles to Replace Reflectors recalls | 38 days ago
- July 5: BMW Recalls M760Li and Other Models in 2 Recalls recalls | 48 days ago
- June 18: Takata and Honda Get Some Airbag Claims Dismissed news | 65 days ago
- June 10: BMW Recalls 2017 X5 M and X6 M Cars recalls | 73 days ago
2014 BMW 228
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2014 BMW 228
Official recalls have been issued for the 2014 BMW 228 by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local BMW service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call BMW customer service.
2014 BMW 228 FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE:DELIVERY:FUEL PUMP NHTSA Campaign #15V189000
Summary: BMW of North America LLC (BMW) is recalling certain model year 2014 228i Coupe, M235i Coupe, 320i, 320xi, 328i, 328xi, 335i, 335xi, ActiveHybrid 3, 328xi Sports Wagon, 428i Coupe, 428xi Coupe, 435i Coupe, 435xi Coupe, 428i Convertible, 428xi Convertible, 435i Convertible, 328xi Gran Turismo, 335xi Gran Turismo, and 2015 428i Gran Coupe, 428xi Gran Coupe, and 435i Gran Coupe vehicles. Improper nickel plating of components within the fuel pump may result in the fuel pump failing.
Consequence: If the fuel pump fails, the vehicle may stall without warning, increasing the risk of a crash.
Actions: BMW will notify owners, and dealers will replace the fuel pump, free of charge. Owners were mailed interim notices on May 28, 2015. The recall began on July 6, 2015. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #15V189000 »