2008 BMW 320 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 BMW 320:

2008 BMW 320 Owner Comments

May 062016

Currently I have the high pressure fuel pump in my 335I (2008). I have my "service engine soon engine malfunction. Reduced power" light on - it just came on yesterday. Original warranty was 4 years 40,000 miles. Which according to BMW was extended 10 years 120,000. So I am out of warranty because I already have 130K, my car was brought to BMW several occasion, it was never brought to my attention that there may a potential problems with the high pressure fuel pump.

- Middlesex, NJ, USA

Jul 202015

I was driving on a highway around 60 mph speed and suddenly my car couldn't speed any further and lucky for me I was driving next to center divide and could pull it, I was able to avoid any accident. It was peak traffic time ( early morning commute ). so I believe this needs to looked into that if there was a recall which was not applied to all the make, models. After diagnosis it was found the issue was with fuel pump on which there are certain recalls on the newer models but for 2008 model they was none I confirmed with the customer service.

- San Jose, CA, USA