2013 BMW 320 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 BMW 320:

2013 BMW 320 Owner Comments

Mar 012016

320

The contact owns a 2013 BMW 320xi. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V071000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Altamonte Springs, FL, USA

Mar 012016

320

Takata recall: I received a letter from BMW on March 2016 notifying me of the driver's front air bag module recall, campaign no. 16V-071. BMW did not have any parts available at the time of notification and indicated they would notify me as soon as they are able to perform the recall on my vehicle. I am concerned for my safety and I think waiting for the airbag to be fixed since March is a reasonable amount of time, considering the seriousness of this matter. If there is anything I can do to speed up this process, please let me know.

- Murrells Inlet, SC, USA

Feb 012016

320

Takata recall. I have been attempting to work with BMW corporate and the local dealership in ridgefield ct where I leased the vehicle for the past 3 months and I have yet to successfully resolve the situation. I have 4 months left on my lease and I want BMW to take the vehicle back early as it is unsafe to drive. I survived a train crash in NY just over a year ago where 5 people were killed in the front car I was seated in and I'm not going to risk getting killed by a faulty airbag.

- Sherman, CT, USA

May 142013

320 4-cyl

I was rearended, on the freeway, on the passenger side, by an SUV going about 40mph, I slammed in to another SUV in front of me. My vehicle is totaled. The display indicated that there was an airbag deploy error. Also, the reason my car was totaled was because all of the electrical wires for the computer system are behind the rear tail light, and they were melted after impact. This is concerning because this is also where the fuel tank is. Luckily, I walked away with a sore neck and few bruises, but it is concerning that the airbags did not deploy, when they were clearly suppose to. I had the car for less than 2 months prior to the accident, and bought it brand new.

- Martinez, CA, USA