2015 BMW 320 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 BMW 320:

2015 BMW 320 Owner Comments

Nov 172015

Bought a brand new BMW 320I I have had it for 45 days with 1548 miles on it. I was driving vehicle this morning driving posted speed limit of 70 mph on highway. My car went into "limp mode" and dropped down to 20 mph and would not go over any faster. Display says "drive train malfunction" I drove my car on side of the road at 20 mph on the side of road until I made it to work. This was very dangerous for a vehicle to drop from 70 to 20 mph suddenly in the middle of heavy traffic. From reading seems to be a on going problems with BMW's. recall would be my suggestion. I am very disappointed I traded my Mercedes E350 in for this junk. I have never owned any vehicle that has left me in such a bad situation. I owned Nissan with over 126K miles and it never gave me any problems. Very disappointed BMW owner!

- Lindale, TX, USA

Aug 172015

My wife was driving the new car with less than 3000 miles on the interstate 95, and the car suddenly gave a warning message briefly, something to the effect of "parking" issue and just started to shutdown completely (losing power). She had to coast and pull over to the side to make a full stop in the middle of busy highway - fortunately no accident resulted from this sudden shutting down of the car while it was going at approximately 60 mph. We took the car to the BMW darien dealership and they could not find any error code recorded by the car computer. This is extremely concerning consider it is a new car with less than 3000 miles and it would just shutdown for no reason while driving on the highway, even more concerning that the dealership was unable to find the problem. This could have caused serious accidents.

- Westport, CT, USA