1998 BMW 323 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 BMW 323:

1998 BMW 323 Owner Comments

Sep 302016

323

At approximately 4:45 P.M. ct on Friday, September 30, 2016, I was driving my 1998 BMW M3 convertible home from work. I was on state highway 75 in tulsa, Oklahoma, heading South. I don't have a specific recollection of my speed at that exact moment, but would estimate it to be in the area of 55-60 miles an hour, as there was some traffic, but it was not heavy. I was in the right-hand lane on a part of the highway where there is no curb. I did not swerve off the shoulder. Tulsa roads are notoriously bad, but this particular stretch of highway was repaved relatively recently. My passenger door airbag deployed spontaneously. I was not involved in a collision. I did not have a flat tire. BMW of North America has assured me that the airbag operated appropriately and there must have been some stimulus to cause its detonation. I struggle to accept that there was any stimulus at that speed that would cause detonation of just one airbag without causing some damage to the vehicle.

- Tulsa, OK, USA

Dec 102013

323

Control display that the electric circuit, license plate light, brake circuit, has failed. On my dashboard the following lights are on: Airbag, check engine, brake pad wear, ABS, and the asc+T lights are illuminated at all times. Nothing happened to my car, no wreck, no quick stops, I am an extremely cautious driver. All these things start to occur out of no where,

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Jul 132014

323

The contact owns a 1998 BMW 323I. The contact stated that the air bag and the engine warning indicators were illuminated. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 70,000.

- Levingston, NJ, USA

Sep 132009

323

I have a 1998bmw 323is and I recently met with an accident on Sunday 9/13/2009. My friend was driving my car and it crashed very badly. The whole front portion is gone and car is reusable. What surprises me is the airbags never came out. Only the side airbag(drivers side) just cameout1/2. is this what happens in a crash"how can I trust cars in the crash"

- Detroit, MI, USA

Jul 082002

323

No summary listed for above vehicle.

- Lake Worth, FL, USA