2001 BMW 325 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 BMW 325:

2001 BMW 325 Owner Comments

Sep 172013

325 6-cyl

Door locks do not operate correctly. When unlocking vehicle with the remote key fob, the doors attempt to unlock but do not. When inside the vehicle, passengers are unable to exit the vehicle and must exit through the window. If an accident/fire occurs, all passengers will be stuck in vehicle.

- Lakewood , CO, USA

Jul 232012

While driving approximately 30 mph on a residential street I begin hearing a noise that sounded like something dragging from the rear passenger side of the vehicle. I pulled the car over and observed that the strap that holds the gas tank up, was hanging down from one end. I then drove approximately 1/2 mile to an automotive repair shop and upon further inspection, it was determined that the weld on the front bracket of the gas tank strap had broken and detached from the frame. This caused the gas tank to sag to within about 4 inches from the ground. I am the original owner of this vehicle and have maintained it well. I have read numerous BMW owners have experienced this exact problem.

- Vacaville, CA, USA

Oct 172011

325 6-cyl

Various times I have experienced intermittent issues with my tail lights. I get warnings on my instrument panel but when I check the bulbs they are not burned out. On October 17, 2011, los angeles police pulled me over notifying me that my tail lights were not working. We checked the bulbs and fuses but they were ok. We found that when you slightly touch the harness of the taillight socket that is inside the body panel, the lights go on and off. I did some online research and found that this is a common issue with this model car, BMW E46. On Saturday January 21 I went to santa monica BMW. They said it was not a common issue. Today I just learned about recent NHTSA campaign id number 11V438000. This recall addresses the issues I have been having. However, it is only for models manufactured after September 2001. My vehicle was built in July 2001 but uses the same harness and body panel assembly that has prompted the recall for models built in September 2001. Thus, I believe my vehicle should be recalled as well. Please advise. Thanks in advance.

- Santa Monica, CA, USA