2002 BMW 325 accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 BMW 325:

2002 BMW 325 Owner Comments

Dec 052005

325 6-cyl

Right rear passenger door window failure (stuck down). At dealer now being fixed. On 11/17/2005; left front driver door window failed stuck down. Replaced door regulator. Sun roof window stuck open; replaced window regulator. Unable to secure vehicle (2002 BMW 325I - 4 door) during times of failures and in case of accident probability of egress through windows doubtful.

- Melbourne, FL, USA

Feb 092002

Urgent - my 2002 325I's first sunroof glass exploded on me on 1/25/02. The replacement glass has two surface hairline cracks and two hairline cracks beneath the surface of the glass. This cannot be an isolated incident. Please examine your sunroof carefully for defects. No one at BMW is taking this seriously enough.

- Brewster, NY, USA

Jan 252002

I purchased a new 2002 BMW 325I on 12/4/01 equipped with several options including a sunroof. I was driving into work on Friday, January 25, 2002 and all of a sudden, the glass on my sunroof exploded and showered glass all over my head, the interior of my car and apparently some pieces nicked the paint on the trunk. BMW says that it was most likely a rock that hit the glass. Although I have full-glass coverage, I asked my insurance company, Liberty mutual, to send a claims adjuster. His findings were inconclusive; could have been a rock, defect, ice buildup, on the glass, etc. I'm very concerned that this could have resulted in serious injury. A common highway stone should not cause such a violent reaction. BMW has been dissapointedly unresponsive and uncaring regarding this issue.

- Brewster, NY, USA