2002 BMW 325 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 BMW 325:

2002 BMW 325 Owner Comments

Aug 052014

325 6-cyl

ABS, brake lights warning indicator constantly on. Possible dsc inop. Potential crash issue. Original owner with approx. $13,000 in maintenance and repair receipts. 95K miles on car. No notification/recall from BMW.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Feb 192014

325 6-cyl

02/19/2014 on a dry day, while driving in the center lane on I-4 around lakeland-fl, with 70mph a fedex vehicle's right rear tire blew off in front of me. I hit the brakes to avoid collision. ABS did not work and my brakes locked, my car has started spinning (3-4 times). My car went from the middle lane to the left lane then to the most right lane and off the road. Luckily I did not hit any other vehicles or the metal/concrete barriers while spinning out of the road.after the incident, while driving I have noticed a limping at slow speed and high vibration at higher speeds. All 4 tires were damaged. 3 warning lights appeared on the dashboard: Dsc + ABS + brake(red color). On 02/22 I took my vehicle to my mechanic.all 4 tires were found were because of the braking.the diagnostics tool read: 5df5 - control unit internal failure.I needed 4 new tires and my tires had 9/32 thread depth and were almost new. On Sunday - 02/23/2014 - I took in my vehicle for the tires. The tire shop declined to replace the tires under warranty because they were damaged by braking.they were nice enough to give me a discount and replaced the tires for $350. Teves dsc MK60 has been a problem not only in bmws but other brands such as VW and Audi. Just google it.if you are lucky the issue surfaces itself while the vehicle is under warrantyif not, the ABS pump unit is over $2300+labor and dsc module is over $1100+labor.I already spent $500 for the tires and brake flush. I have to pay one of the above prices to get my ABS fixed.I did not have any warning lights before my ABS (if dsc does not work ABS does not work) failed.the lights came on for a few days and now they are not on this is very dangerous and needs to be investigated by NHTSA and fixed by BMW usa with a recall. I could have killed myself or hurt/kill other innocent people on that highway.ABS/dsc are very important safety components.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Aug 102013

325 6-cyl

I listed the wrong date on complaint # 10546920, the date should be 8/10/2013 not 2011.

- Roswell, GA, USA

Aug 102013

325 6-cyl

I was driving along and 3 dash lights came on indicating a problem. I checked and the lights meant the stability control wasn't working (first time this ever happened). Took the car to BMW and was told one of two computers wasn't making this safety feature work. Cost of one was $1700 but they could not guarantee it would be the problem and I might need to then have a new 2nd computer at $3400. Or a total of $5100, I purchased the car new and the car has been driven gently. Since this is a safety feature that they advertised and was one of my reasons for buying the car, I feel this auto and auto feature should be considered for a recall so it can be fixed either free or at a reasonable cost. Thank you for reading my suggestion.

- Roswell, GA, USA