2003 BMW 325 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 BMW 325:

2003 BMW 325 Owner Comments (Page 3 of 5)

325

Takata recall? we received notice of a recall for an airbag problem in July 2015. We contacted our dealer coast BMW Nissan at 12100 los osos valley rd. San luis obispo ca, 93401 (tel. 805 543-4423) several times and were told they were waiting for parts and would call us when they were available. We have never heard from them and believe they are neglecting their obligation in this matter. We fear our safety is at risk.

- Pismo Beach, CA, USA

325

The contact owns a 2003 BMW 325xi. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The VIN was unknown. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Parisville, RI, USA

Sep 012014

325

I have been on hold since the fall of 2014 on a driver side airbag. The dealer has no inventory and no eta. This is unacceptable. Dodge changed my airbag (also takata) within 10 days of my recall notice. It's been over a year and a half with BMW. Penalize them like you did fca

- Easley, SC, USA

Jan 122016

325

Takata recall - 15V318 it has been just over 7 months since I received the recall notice from BMW for the drivers-side airbag recall. I have been on a waiting list since it came out, but there are still no available parts. There also is no interim remedy. At this point, I feel the vehicle is undrivable due to the possibility of metal fragments coming through the driver's airbag. This has caused a lot of issues with my household, and is causing un-due wear on my other vehicle, as well as costing much more money for things like fuel and maintenance. I am having to drive hundreds of extra miles every week, along with having to jump through numerous scheduling hoops. I asked about any kind of a loaner/rental car provided via BMW, and I was told no, there is no such thing. After 7 months, there needs to be some kind of resolution, even if it is a temporary one (are there temporary airbags of some sort" something that makes the car safe again, at least until the permanent parts come in"). even with all of the issues, I still feel I am one of the "lucky few" with this recall that has a second vehicle. I can not imagine how things would work out if the only car I had could send shrapnel at me in the even of an accident. Something needs to happen. Even if it's temporary. 7 months of no progress is far too long, even in a recall of this scale.

- Duvall, WA, USA

Jan 112015

325

I am concerned I got a letter about the recall in July and it is now January and I am driving an unsafe car. I am afraid to drive it. Why has it taken more than 6 months to fix it. Nothing has happened but there is nothing I can do about it.

- Denver, CO, USA

Jul 152015

325

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2003 BMW 325I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags); however, the part needed to perform the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Ocoee, FL, USA

Jul 242015

325

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2003 BMW 325I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags); however, the part needed to perform the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Stickney, IL, USA

Jul 112015

325

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2003 BMW 325I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 14V428000 (air bag) and 15V318000 (air bag) however, the parts to do the repairs were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- West Lafayette, IN, USA

Jul 102015

325

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2003 BMW 325I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V3198000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- San Francisco, CA, USA

Jul 062015

325

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2003 BMW 325I. The contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags) however, the part or remedy for the recall was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer had exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Pasadena, CA, USA

Jul 032015

325

The contact owns a 2003 BMW 325I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Bradenton, FL, USA

Aug 012015

325

2003 BMW 325ci. Consumer writes in regards to front passenger airbag replacement not available to complete recall 14V-42B.

- Fairfield, CA, USA

Oct 232015

325

The contact owns a 2003 BMW 325I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags) however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Wyndmoor, PA, USA

May 282015

325

BMW of North America has failed to notify about two air bag recalls, one for the passenger side and one for the driver side, affecting my car, even though they have verified that they have my correct address. I have contacted them for each incident, twice in 2014 for the first recall and once on 9/24/2015 for the current recall.they have not been able to explain why they do not contact me.

- Tucson, AZ, USA

Jul 162015

325

The contact owns a 2003 BMW 325I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- San Jose, CA, USA

325

I got a recall letter on July 2015 of my drivers side airbag being defective. I already had to have the passenger side replaced because of recall. It took 7 months to get it replaced. I'm totally scared and anxious to drive my car. I saw someone get burned from an airbag recently and am super super scared to drive my car. Ive called a couple times and they say they do not have the part in stock. Can't anything be done?

- San Jose, CA, USA

May 272015

- Palm Beach Gardens, FL, USA

Aug 172015

325

The contact owns a 2003 BMW 325ci. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags) however, the part needed was unavailable to perform the repairs. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Woodcliff Lake , NJ, USA

325

I have received two separate recalls for airbag replacements on my car. The first was the passenger airbag and that recall was received in 2014. It took several months before I was able to have my front passenger airbag replaced. In July this year I have received a recall saying that I now need to replace the driver side airbag which describes the same risk: "...resulting in metal fragments striking the front driver or other passengers potentially resulting in serious injury or death." If BMW has created a car that could potentially result in my injury or death, should it not be reasonable for the problem to be fixed immediately? should it not be reasonable that I am given a loaner BMW at their expense (including insurance) while they fix this potentially life threatening problem with my car" why two separate recalls? why did they not fix both airbags at the same time? why does it take months to address this problem? how many potentially preventable serious injuries or deaths have occurred as a result"

- Santa Monica, CA, USA

Jul 272015

325

BMW of champaign, Illinois has refused to repair my airbags. I have attempted to resolve this problem through their attorney, david sholem. His response has been to hang up on me or not respond at all. This is a serious problem, as they have agnoliged ( copy available). I have asked for at least financial assistance to travel to another BMW dealer nearly 100 miles away to relieve the hardship they created. BMW champaign is located less than 2 miles from my residence.I purchased this vehicle from BMW of champaign with an open recall even though the vehicle was advertised as being "fully reconditioned.

- Savoy , IL, USA