2004 BMW 325 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 BMW 325:

2004 BMW 325 Owner Comments

Nov 072015

Takata recall: I am currently in communication with state farm agent, terry wood [(434) 872-2813]. she has assured me that an investigation is underway at this time. We are stating that my BMW's side airbags suddenly deployed and unexpectedly causing me to lose power steering and braking ability. As I approached and entered a right turn lane in an street intersection located in stockton, California, my passenger side airbags suddenly deployed. Startled, I tried to pull over to the side of the road, but, with the loss of power steering, I was not able to safely control the vehicle. After making contact with the curb, I had to use all my strength to correct from it and try to make the upcoming right turn, but without power steering, I was not able to make the turn sharp enough leading me to make a wide turn into the oncoming lane. And without the ability to brake properly and safely, there was no way to avoid the impact. Additionally, the main area of the car with all the damage (driver's front) failed to deploy the appropriate airbag. Terry wood is my point of contact with this investigation. We hope to have BMW take some (if not, all) blame in the incident due to faulty airbags and/or unexpected deployment of airbags.

- Stockton, CA, USA

Oct 112012

While driving at highway speeds, the car began to pull/swerve. A metal on metal grinding noise also began. I was able to get off the highway and have the car towed. A mechanic found that the rear passenger side parking brake had engaged and disintegrated into several pieces of metal. All other wheels were unaffected. The parking brake lever was down, and had not been used in several months.

- Monroe, CT, USA