2005 BMW 325 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 BMW 325:

2005 BMW 325 Owner Comments

Sep 032008

I had a well documented episode of unintended acceleration (foot on brake, car revved suddenly, then I flipped it into neutral). This occurred about 2 years ago. No one was injured. I brought the car to the dealership which identified a problem in the computer system. I have a copy of the records. I thought that this might be useful in other investigations of sudden unintended acceleration.

- Ellicott City, MD, USA

Apr 222008

325 6-cyl

I was attempting to park my car at my employer's garage. I was turning my wheel to park in a space, my foot was off the gas pedal and moving very slowly, when my car seemed to jerk forward and all of a sudden it went forward at full speed. It accelerate all of sudden and smashed into the wall. I had my foot on the brake pushing down as hard as I could, but to no avail. It happened very quickly and the aftermath resulted in my airbag deploying and causing lacerations, burns to my arm, smoke and causing me to choke.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Mar 262008

325 6-cyl

When backing out of a parking spot, my vehicle struck a cement structural supporting column. I put on brakes to stop the car. The impact was later found to be minimal (dent). Shortly afterwards, the engine sound increased as though the foot pedal had been pushed down full throttle. My foot was not on the throttle. During this time, intermittent clicking sounds were heard, the vehicle then engaged into forward and drove itself, at full force, and hit the wall of the parking structure. The airbag deployed. My insurance company and BMW of North America were notified. A technical engineer from BMW inspected my vehicle on 4-2-2008. The vehicle could not be test driven due to its damages. The results from what were inspected by BMW revealed no defects or vehicle malfunctions. I was informed by my insurance company that the vehicle would be totaled I incurred a broken rib and multiple contusions due to this accident.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Feb 112006

325 6-cyl

: the contact stated while pulling into a parking space at 2mph, there was a grinding noise followed by the vehicle lurching forward into a tree. There was extensive damage to the front of the vehicle, but no injuries were sustained. The police were on the scene, and a report was taken. The vehicle was towed to a body shop for inspection. A manufacturer representative inspected the vehicle, but the details of the investigation were not disclosed. The independent repair shop repaired the body damage, but could not determine the cause of the sudden vehicle acceleration.

- Middletown, NJ, USA