2.2

2006 BMW 325 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 BMW 325:

2006 BMW 325 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jan 212014

325 6-cyl

I purchased the vehicle one week ago with the airbag and seatbelt lights on the dash, after plenty of research there was a recall done on only the sport seats. After everything I read even the non sports seats, like mine are having the issues as well. BMW needs to fix this issue with all models. I have no clue at this point if the airbags will even go off in the event of a crash. Plenty of complaints on the site about this same issue. Please help

- Kansas City, MO, USA

Feb 212013

325

Front passenger occupancy seat sensor mat/pad failure. Initial inquire with dealer resulted in no coverage of repairs due to VIN break. As of December 25, 2013 NHTSA shows that all effected BMW 325xi 2006 will be repaired at no cost to owner. NHTSA campaign #: 13V-564

- Washington, DC, USA

Nov 292013

325 6-cyl

Airbag light went on and idrive said there was a malfunction with the passenger side safety restraint system. BMW is saying that my vehicle is not in scope of the recall, though it should be as it is the same error as related to the existing recall below: Recall id # 57362 - air bags:frontal recall date Aug 05, 2008 recall date: Aug 05, 2008 model affected: 2006 BMW 3-series I am thinking it is because I have the touring 3-series, but they share the same sport seats as the other 3-series. Please add my VIN to the recall list.

- Covington, KY, USA

Jun 032013

325 6-cyl

Air bag and passenger seat belt indicator on center dash cluster lit up during normal driving. Took car to dealership for repair and was told the air bag seat mat was bad and needed to be replaced. Also told that repair would cost $900. Decided to eat cost as it is a major safety issue as air bags will not deploy during a crash. Total cost for repairs: Qty 1 part# 52-10-7-244-127 basic seat U 1 cost $385.10, qty 2 part# 52-20-1-964-201 clip 13 cost $3.84, qty 35 part# 52-10-945-543 clamp 134 cost $$22.40. Total parts=$411.34 ; total labor=$554.60, total bill for repair=$965.94. I would not mind if this would be the end of the issue, but it is not. I picked up the car from daniels BMW of allentown on June 14 2013, and today (June 21, 2013) the issue came back. 7 days after I had the car repaired for the issue, the exact same issue reappeared. This is a major concern of mine as the front passenger seat of my car is almost always in use by myself or my spouse. After doing a bit of reading on BMW online forums, I see that there is a recall for the exact sensor mat as installed in my car, for almost all other seats containing the exact seat mat, but not for my car, and others like me. I have gone onto the BMW na website and did a recall search for my car and found that the recall does not apply to my car. This is a major safety issue for BMW and they should stand behind their product and repair all seats affected without question. I will be taking my car back to daniels BMW of allentown for courtesy repair and hopefully they will replace...again....the broken mat for free. Hopefully this will not be the beginning of an ongoing recurring issue.

- Kempton, PA, USA

Apr 272013

325 6-cyl

Passenger sat in the front passenger seat. Warning light appeared on dashboard indicating the airbag has been turned off. This issue is similar to NHTSA campaign id number: 08V384000. However, although same model and year, my vehicle is not covered under this campaign.

- Cupertino, CA, USA

Feb 202013

325 6-cyl

1. seat occupancy sensors are broken. The indicator shows up on the dashboard even when the driver and the passenger have their seat belts fasten. 2. oil leaks from pan gasket due to the aluminum bolts and etc.

- San Gabriel, CA, USA

Jan 152013

325 6-cyl

The passenger side occupancy seat mat for the airbag failed. BMW has bulletin sib 65 75 06, airbag warning lamp for OC3 seat mat fault, that covers my cars build date, but BMW states my VIN is not covered. There is also a current recall, NHTSA campaign number: 08V384000 but BMW states my car is not covered and refuses to honor the 10 year extended warranty. My car is experiencing this same issue, as diagnosed by a local BMW dealers, but they have failed to cover it. This is a major safety issue that is affecting many cars outside of the recall. They are many people posting on various BMW forums that are experiencing the same issue. BMW should be held accountable to fix all the vehicles experiencing this problem.

- Clovis, CA, USA

Jan 092013

325 6-cyl

I have a faulty passenger side seat occupancy sensor failure, as diagnosed by the local BMW dealership. The failure code is 93C3, and the issue appears to have been previously recognized by the manufacturer, and partially remedied with either an extended warranty or recall, allowable on only particular VIN numbers. The recall / extended warranty applies to particular 2006 3 series BMW vehicles manufactured prior to January 2006. The 93C3 seat mat occupancy failure in my vehicle causes the airbag and seat belt lights to illuminate on the dashboard of the vehicle. BMW usa has advised that the recall does not impact my vehicle, even though the seats, and manufacture date are within the recall parameters. The local BMW dealership, as well as independent shops have all advised that the failure should, by all qualifying means beyond VIN number identification, be covered under the recall or extended warranty, as this is the same failure as vehicles impacted by the referenced recall. Referenced NHTSA campaign id number: 08V384000 the BMW 325I vehicle I own was manufactured in August of 2005, equipped with standard seat. BMW usa has stated within the recall that they don't know how many vehicles are impacted by this issue and has only elected to remedy this issue on a predetermined set of vehicles. The manufacturer, BMW has been notified of this specific issue, and provided no assistance. They advised that all repairs are to be customer paid, and have refused to honor their recall. As of 1/22/2013, the vehicle remains unrepaired and a safety hazard. Many others have the same issue, as documented by NHTSA complaints. BMW stated consequence of non repair: In this situation the front passenger air bags will not deploy even if a sufficiently severe accident would occur and occupant protection provided by the system would not be possible.

- Buffalo, NY, USA

Jul 272012

325 6-cyl

My car started displaying a warning that there was a malfunction in the passenger restraint system. Took it to dealer who said that there was a low voltage issue with my battery and fixed it. 2 weeks later the warning reappeared. This time, when I took it to the dealer, I was informed that there was a defective sensor module in the seats and that the airbags would not deploy in the event of a crash. Even though the NHTSA issued a recall for this specific malfunction (NHTSA campaign id number: 08V384000), the dealer refused to fix the module under warranty. The cost of this repair was quoted to be $1400 and is out of my budget, and even though this is a noted safety defect that BMW is aware of, they refuse to honor the recall claiming that my car's VIN number is not among those covered by the recall.

- Houston, TX, USA

Feb 012012

325 6-cyl

When a passenger sits in the front passenger seat the airbag failure light illuminates, the seat belt light illuminates and remains lit, and the passenger airbag off light illuminates. This is apparently due to micro-cracking in the passenger seat occupancy detection mat, however BMW only includes a small percentage of affected cars in the 2008 recall. BMW na refuses to fix this safety defect for all 2006 build year 330I models with sport seats. The same seats which are affected by the identical issue for 2005 build year. It seems given the number of cars affected by the same issue that the defect was not corrected for the 2006 build year. This could result in the passenger airbag not deploying in a collision which is extremely dangerous.

- Havertown, PA, USA

Feb 012010

325

The OC3 mat (passenger occupancy sensor mat) has failed. This issue, as described in more detail below (4.), involves the front passenger seat occupant detection mat of certain BMW vehicles, and has been the subject of NHTSA PE07-045 and EA08-001. In short, a fatigue failure of the mat can occur and would consequently lead to the deactivation of the front passenger air bags with exception of the head protection system. The air bag warning lamp as well as the passenger air bag "on-off" lamp would illuminate in such case. BMW states that my vehicle does not fall under this recall since it was produced after 11/2005. Yet, the prognosis of the failure is exactly the same as of the recall.

- Kearneysville, WV, USA

Jul 012011

325 6-cyl

The passenger seat occupancy detection module is faulty in our car. It was officially diagnosed by a BMW dealer on 20 Feb 2012. We are being told that our car's production time falls 1 month out of the previous recall on these same parts (NHTSA action number EA080001). BMW is refusing to fix it.

- Clarksville, TN, USA

Sep 242011

325

At first, it was intermittant, the passanger seat belt/air bay signal would display even though no one was in the passenger seat. Then, signal was on all the time. Mechanic found a bad part OC3 matt. Had it not been replaced, the airbag would not have worked on the passenger side.

- Amherst, NH, USA

Jan 262012

325 6-cyl

The airbag warning comes on indicating that the passenger seat airbag is off and the. Belt tension sensor is malfunctioning. Only happens when there is someone sitting in the passenger seat.

- Fullerton, CA, USA

Oct 152011

325

I've lately been experiencing an issue with my vehicle where when a passenger sits in the front passenger seat, two icons on my dash come on indicating that safety features are disabled; I get an airbag disable icon in the dash along with the roof lining of my vehicle near the sos button, a text that reads, "passenger air bag disabled" and is illuminated, indicating that the passenger airbag is disabled. Also a 'seat belt' icon shows in the dashboard despite it being clicked in. NHTSA action number: EA08001 thankfully due to NHTSA, the manufacturer, bmwna, was forced to recall a total of 200,000 vehicles with this exact same issue. According to the NHTSA listing, my vehicle is covered under a mass recall of the 'sensor mat' located in the passenger seat of various BMW models to detect when a passenger is sitting on the seat which then triggers the sensor to ready the airbag in the event of an accident. My model 2006 BMW 325I (with sports and premium package) is mentioned in the vehicle list, both by manufacturer make (BMW), model (3-series/ 325I), and specifically the type of seat, being sports package. I have taken my vehicle to the BMW dealership where I purchased it from to get the issue looked at as the safety of myself and my passengers was a prime consideration when purchasing the vehicle in the first place. I was informed by the service advisor that my vehicle was not covered and that I should pay out of pocket or contact bmwna. I've contacted them and they denied me coverage explaining my vehicle does not fall under the recall. I firmly believe that I am being asked to pay exorbitant repair fees to fix basic safety systems despite that my car should fall under the recall as it is experiencing the exact same issues. My car is 'babied' and to be experiencing a failure of safety systems is extremely nerve-wracking. Thank you for your time.

- Duarte, CA, USA

Sep 032010

325

I have a 2006 BMW 325I sedan with sports seats that failed the seatbelt warning sensor on the passenger seat due to a defective "occupancy sensor." This is exactly the issue as outlined in action number EA08001 but because the cars build date was later than stated in the recall is not covered. The problem exists in all 2006 cars and was not resolved by the manufacturer. Cost was $1,000 for replacement and 3 days at BMW.

- Westlake Village, CA, USA

Jul 152010

325

Passenger occupancy sensor malfunction that disables the airbags in 2006 E90 BMW 3 series sedan. This malfunctioning sensor could cause grave bodily injury or death. BMW recalled previous years sensors but has not fixed the issue in later models. Some people are bypassing the sensor in there vehicles and are placing unknowing subsequent owners children at risk of airbag injury. BMW forums all have multiple complaints about the safety concerns NHTSA should investigate and force a recall of the passenger occupancy sensor as it did in some earlier 2006 bmws with the same issue.

- Fayetteville, NC, USA