2006 BMW 325 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 BMW 325:

2006 BMW 325 Owner Comments

May 122015

I was driving from school and push the gas and 15mph the car jerked in transmission light came on. The car went into safe mode. I could not drive over 40 mp. The dealer ship said the transmission mechatronic may have malfunction. Something inside of the transmission the manufacturer build it with a plastic valve cover it's common on BMW the transmission failure. There are over 67,000 complaints on line for the same issue. Where is the recall!. you pay for this expensive car to pay 7000 to fix. I am looking to start a law suit if they don't recall and fix this common expensive problem!

- Miami Gardens, FL, USA

May 122014

325 6-cyl

On May 12, 2014, as I pulled into my driveway, I put the vehicle into park, so that I can open the garage door, to get inside of my garage. As I put my foot on the brake and proceeded to put the vehicle into drive, the vehicle surged forward unexpectedly, at a high rate of acceleration. I instinctively applied the brakes, however, this sudden unintended acceleration, safety defect, caused me to crash into the backside wall of my garage, thus causing extensive damage. It should be noted that the airbag failed to deploy, which may have something to do the November 2013, BMW recall relating to air bags. The mileage on the vehicle was 14,240, at the time that this sudden unintended acceleration defect, manifested itself. The vehicle was towed to my local BMW dealership, however, because this sudden unintended acceleration defect, is more than likely, embedded operating system related, the dealership's service technicians were unable to find a hardware related, mechanical cause, to this stated defect. On May 30, 2014, I picked up my vehicle from the dealership, with my husband accompanying me. As I arrived on my street and about to put the vehicle into park, the vehicle surged forward unexpectedly, once again, almost striking my postal carrier. My husband, as well as my postal carrier, were witnesses to this second incidence of sudden unintended acceleration. The mileage of the vehicle, at the time of this second occurrence, of the stated defect is 14,247. It should be noted that sudden unintended acceleration has plagued BMW vehicles, since at least the 1990's. BMW 325 1990, BMW 750il 1991, BMW 525 1992, BMW 318is 1993, BMW 528I 1997, BMW 328I 1998, BMW 318 1998, BMW 528I 1998, BMW 328I 1999, BMW 528I 1999, BMW R1100 1999, BMW 750li 2006, BMW 530I 2007, BMW 1 series, etc., have all been reported by BMW owners as having this sudden unintended acceleration, safety defect.

- Springfield, IL, USA

Jun 072014

325 6-cyl

My son turned right from a complete stop at the stop sign. He accelerated to the appropriate speed prior to the upcoming turn (25mph) he then let off the gas going into the turn to coast before braking. The car continued to accelerate up to 40-45 mph due to floor mat entrapment because there is no floor mat retention system. He was losing control of the car as he tried to move the floor mat away from the gas pedal. He then slid off the road while continuing to brake, overcorrected and went off the other side as well. All the while he was trying to stop the car.

- Brownsburg, IN, USA

Aug 112013

325 6-cyl

I was driving my vehicle on the highway in the left lane, trying to pass a car in the middle lane. After getting in front of the car in the middle lane, I tried to accelerate so I could re-enter the middle lane, but the car acted as if it slipped into neutral and would not accelerate. The engine growled as if it were in neutral. It kept driving, but would not accelerate, despite me stepping harder on the gas. This was potentially dangerous as there was a car immediately behind me, which could have rear ended me at over 60mph, and the car in the middle lane that I was trying to pass could have also hit me on the passenger side of my car. In researching this, many BMW owners have been complaining about this, and yet BMW has not issued an investigation or recall: there are 650 complaints regarding this problem at the above link. People should not be having transmission problems like this under 75K miles.

- New York, NY, USA

Jun 112010

2006 BMW 330 xi when pressing on the brake the car accelerated with a loud noise, could not steer the car; crashed in trees. 24,323 miles still under new car warranty.

- Somerville, NJ, USA

Jun 112010

2006 BMW 330xi brake failure, acceleration, no steering. Occurred twice; BMW repaired by dealer new brakes, computer; second occurrence car did not stop until hit trees.

- Somerville, NJ, USA

Dec 142009

2006 BMW 328I repeatedly hesitates when the accelerator pedal is pressed. The car has been returned to the dealer on 5 different instances to address the problem. To date BMW claims in "cannot replicate customers problem". in one instance vehicle actually stalled when an attempt was made to pull into traffic. Appears to be a frequent problem with this model as it was addressed in a car and driver test drive article.

- Imperial, CA, USA

Dec 252007

325 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325I. On two separate occasions (12/25/2007 and 02/22/2008), while decelerating to 10 mph, the vehicle accelerated on its own. There were no warning indicators prior to the failure. The contact did not report the first failure, but the vehicle was towed to the dealer the second time. The dealer was unable to duplicate the failure. The powertrain was unknown. The current mileage was 19,000 and failure mileage was 18,500.

- Liberal, KS, USA

Sep 262007

325 6-cyl

While driving on a small street, car lost acceleration, and would move only slowly even when gas pedal pushed all the way. The car failed to accelerate onto an inclined driveway because of lack of power, thus causing the car to roll back and hit a row of mailboxes. If this had happened on a freeway, there would have been more damage to people and property. BMW only offered explanation of "sensor" failure and would not explain more, for fear of complaints.

- Redlands, CA, USA