2006 BMW 325 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 BMW 325:

2006 BMW 325 Owner Comments (Page 11 of 16)

Mar 072013

325

I started my car that morning and the airbag/seatbelt sensor light came on even though my seatbelt was fastened. I fastened the passenger seat belt to see if that was it but it stayed on. I took the car to the BMW dealership in augusta, ga and they charged me $120 to check it. They stated it would cost $530 to repair it. I decided to check if there was a recall and I see that this is a common complaint about these vehicles. Other vehicles within the year model have been included in a recall but 325xi have been excluded. Since the same malfunction of the same item is happening, it should be recalled on 325xi as well.

- Dallas, TX, USA

Mar 032013

325 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325I. The contact stated that the passenger air bag warning light illuminated. The manufacturer was contacted and they advised the contact that the vehicle was not included in the manufacturer's recall. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileages were approximately 91,000.

- Ridgley, WV, USA

Dec 042012

325 6-cyl

Passenger side air bag. Issue with airbag and seatbelt light coming on intermittently. But now it started to stay on and currently my passenger seat airbag is disabled. The mat sensors fail to function.

- Ridgeley, WV, USA

Feb 012013

325

No accident ever occurred, but the vehicle developed a passenger airbag problem. I eventually had it fixed for about $1100 -- the sensor in the passenger seat had to be replaced, or else the passenger airbag would not deploy in an accident. Other 3-series in that year received free replacements of the defect, but when they ran my VIN, they said my car didn't qualify. Seeing as it apparently has the same problem as these other cars, I'm not sure what the distinction is, as it is a serious safety issue.

- Kensington, MD, USA

Feb 022013

325

I have a 2006 325I. For the past few weeks has been having an issue with airbag and seatbelt light coming on intermittently. But now it started to stay on and currently my passenger seat airbag is disabled. The mat sensors fail to function. I called bmwna and my VIN number was not in the list of VIN numbers that were recalled for this issue. It is very common (%75 of this model) to get this problem on this year of 3 series. It was obviously in defected parts list and caused the issue and I am not covered. This is not a wear and tear. This is totally cheap quality part that was put in the car.why? because BMW does not want to cover even it is their fault. I am seriously considering to buy a Benz after this kind of cheaply handled issues.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Feb 202013

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325I. The contact stated that the air bag and passenger restraint system warning lamp illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician verified that the vehicle was not included in recall NHTSA campaign number: 08V384000 (air bags). The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 79,000 and the current mileage was 79,150.

- Springdale , AR, USA

Feb 122013

325 6-cyl

Small crack has developed in the mat on the passenger side of vehicle and the air bag warning lamp is on. NHTSA recall bulletin indicated there was a recall (reference number 08V384000) on the frontal air bags; however, the dealership said my VIN number was not listed. Called BMW North America customer relations and they said the same thing. I believe BMW should assume responsibility for this repair since they have a recall on over 200,000 vehicles and I am experiencing the exact same problem. Estimated repair is $1,500. Thank you for your consideration.

- Irvine, CA, USA

Jan 122011

325 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325xi. The contact stated that the passenger air bag seat mat sensor was defective. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician diagnosed that the occupant air sensor was defective and needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and offered to pay for the defective part. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 45,000 and the current mileage was 70,000. Updated 03/20/13 updated 04/12/2013

- East Peoria, IL, USA

Jan 152013

325 6-cyl

The passenger side occupancy seat mat for the airbag failed. BMW has bulletin sib 65 75 06, airbag warning lamp for OC3 seat mat fault, that covers my cars build date, but BMW states my VIN is not covered. There is also a current recall, NHTSA campaign number: 08V384000 but BMW states my car is not covered and refuses to honor the 10 year extended warranty. My car is experiencing this same issue, as diagnosed by a local BMW dealers, but they have failed to cover it. This is a major safety issue that is affecting many cars outside of the recall. They are many people posting on various BMW forums that are experiencing the same issue. BMW should be held accountable to fix all the vehicles experiencing this problem.

- Clovis, CA, USA

Jan 092013

325 6-cyl

I have a faulty passenger side seat occupancy sensor failure, as diagnosed by the local BMW dealership. The failure code is 93C3, and the issue appears to have been previously recognized by the manufacturer, and partially remedied with either an extended warranty or recall, allowable on only particular VIN numbers. The recall / extended warranty applies to particular 2006 3 series BMW vehicles manufactured prior to January 2006. The 93C3 seat mat occupancy failure in my vehicle causes the airbag and seat belt lights to illuminate on the dashboard of the vehicle. BMW usa has advised that the recall does not impact my vehicle, even though the seats, and manufacture date are within the recall parameters. The local BMW dealership, as well as independent shops have all advised that the failure should, by all qualifying means beyond VIN number identification, be covered under the recall or extended warranty, as this is the same failure as vehicles impacted by the referenced recall. Referenced NHTSA campaign id number: 08V384000 the BMW 325I vehicle I own was manufactured in August of 2005, equipped with standard seat. BMW usa has stated within the recall that they don't know how many vehicles are impacted by this issue and has only elected to remedy this issue on a predetermined set of vehicles. The manufacturer, BMW has been notified of this specific issue, and provided no assistance. They advised that all repairs are to be customer paid, and have refused to honor their recall. As of 1/22/2013, the vehicle remains unrepaired and a safety hazard. Many others have the same issue, as documented by NHTSA complaints. BMW stated consequence of non repair: In this situation the front passenger air bags will not deploy even if a sufficiently severe accident would occur and occupant protection provided by the system would not be possible.

- Buffalo, NY, USA

Oct 102012

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325I. The contact stated that the vehicle was started and the front passenger's side air bag warning indicator illuminated intermittently. The failure recurred when the front passenger's seat was occupied or even when there was not an occupant present. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the defect. The approximate failure mileage was 26,000.

- Richmond, VA, USA

Oct 012012

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325I. The contact stated that the front passenger side air bag warning light was illuminated. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where they advised that they were unable to determine the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was later contacted and advised him that the vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign id number: 08V384000 (air bags:frontal). The failure mileage was approximately 65,000. The current mileage was approximately 72,000.

- Miramar, FL, USA

Dec 232012

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325I. The contact stated that the front passenger air bag warning light illuminated while the passenger seat was occupied. There was a reading across the instrument panel that advised him that the front passenger air bag was disengaged and was no longer operative. The vehicle was not inspected by a dealer or an independent mechanic. The manufacturer was later contacted and advised him that the vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign id number 08V384000 (air bags:frontal). The failure and current mileages were approximately 109,000.

- Maynard, MA, USA

325

Airbag light stays on, there are many that have the same issue and BMW has an active safety campaign 08V-384 but owners are being told that the VIN is not effective, thus it is not covered. Yet, when you ask the dealership what VIN is covered, they do not know. Contacted BMW corporate office and was told they are not able to search any other BMW except the VIN that I can provide. Would it be possible to obtain all the VIN that are effected under recall 08V-384? I just hope no one gets seriously injured in an accident just because the air bags did not deploy. I bought this car for it's safety standards and now will have compromise or spend $1400 to have it repaired.

- Jersy City, NJ, USA

Dec 012012

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325I. While parked, the contact noticed that the air bag warning light was illuminated on the instrument panel. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing. There was a recall under NHTSA campaign id number: 08V384000 (air bags:frontal) that could have been related to the failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and advised the contact that the VIN was not included in the recall. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 80,000.

- Mount Zion, IL, USA

Jan 122010

325 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325 I. the contact stated that while driving at various speeds, the passenger side air bag warning light illuminated on and off. The passenger's seat was not occupied. The contact also stated that the passenger side air bag warning light illuminated sporadically when the seat was occupied as well. After several months, the passenger side air bag warning light illuminated permanently. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where a technician advised the contact that the failure could have been caused by the front passenger seat sensor mat but a diagnostic testing would have to be performed to determine the failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and advised the contact that the vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign id number: 08V384000 (air bags:frontal). The approximate failure mileage was 29,000 and the current failure mileage was 50,500. Updated 12/28/12 the consumer stated even though his VIN was out of range for the recall, the vehicle could still be fixed under the 10 year extended warranty provision. Updated 01/09/13

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Jun 142012

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325I. The contact stated that the air bag warning light illuminated.the vehicle was taken to the dealer for inspection where they advised that the air bag sensor, which was in the seat, needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified and advised that the vehicle was not included in a recall. The failure mileage was 50,000.

- San Jose, CA, USA

Sep 192012

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 3 series. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 60 mph, the passenger air bag warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic for a diagnostic testing. The technician stated that the passenger seat mat sensor plug needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and stated the vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign id number: 08V384000 (air bags: Frontal). The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 56,000 and the current mileage was 56,700.

- Laredo, TX, USA

325 6-cyl

My airbag light kept beeping at me every few minutes. It did not matter whether I had a passenger or not. I looked the issue up online and came across a recall that my car was known for. The mat under the passenger seat had malfunctioned and kept throwing off my airbag light. This would not allow my airbag to deploy in an accident.I was notified that the fix was going to be $$$. I had to have it fixed since its my only car and needed it in working order. BMW was contacted 3 different times about my problem and they acknowledged that it infact was a recall but all 3 times they said my VIN number did not qualify. When will my car qualify? I just spent 900 dollars to get the issue fixed and would like to be reimbursed.

- Pasco, WA, USA

325 6-cyl

To whom it may concern, my passenger airbag sensor light and passenger seat belt light came on unexpectedly while driving. After doing a bit of research on the internet I found that there was a similar issue others were having with the same model car 2006 BMW 325I sedan E90 series and there is an ongoing recall 08V384000. So I decided to contact my local BMW dealership to see if my car was covered in the recall they said no and quoted me a price of well over 1400 dollars to fix. I have since found out that in the event of a collision that my passenger airbag will not deploy. After, further research I feel that my model is also an affected in this recall (08V384000). I hope that this submission will not fall on deaf ears. I am doing this for all the others like me affected by this issue and demand service to fix a known safety issue for us and for our passengers. Regards

- Saugus , CA, USA