2006 BMW 325 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 BMW 325:

2006 BMW 325 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 16)

Apr 012016

325

Passenger restraint system malfunction. There's a recall for the same make and model of my car but for some reason "my VIN" doesn't fall into the recall.

- Sparta, MI, USA

Jul 012015

325

Takata recall. I received notice of driver side front air bag recall in July 2015, have continued to call over the past year and they still do not have parts to fix the recall. Dealership is thompson BMW doylestown pa.

- Doylestown, PA, USA

Jun 292016

Takata recall

- Winters, CA, USA

Jul 012016

325

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325ci. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available....updated 09/14/16

- Warren, OH, USA

Jul 142015

325

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325ci. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed for the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.....updated 08/29/16 updated 08/30/16.

- Maitland, FL, USA

Jun 182008

325

Faulty front passenger seat sensor mat always breaks

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Jun 152016

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325I. While parked, the air bag warning light illuminated. The failure recurred whenever the vehicle was operated. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 110,235.

- Fernandina Beach, FL, USA

Jun 022016

325

Recall 08V384000: Seat occupant senson defect. I took my car three times already to the dealership, and they said that there is still no parts, the 10 year warranty will expire in 2 days and I'm worry they don't want to fix the problem after the warranty expired, the recall was about 6 months ago, and still no parts...

- Bell Gardens, CA, USA

May 292016

325

Air bag seat sensor failure. I would like to add my entry to the long list of BMW 325 owners that should have been covered by the front seat occupant protection mat defect recall (see NHTSA campaign number: 13V564000), but apparently are not. According to BMW, my car was made a month before I.e. Nov 2005, the recall date parameters, which stared in Dec 2005. This involves a faulty passenger occupancy sensor malfunction that disables the airbags in 2006 E90 BMW 3 series sedan. BMW recalled previous years sensors but has not fixed the issue in later models. There are plenty of folks affected by this: See www.carcomplaints.com/BMW/325/2006/accessories-interior/seats.shtml ntsb, please address this asap! and thanks!

- Cabin John, MD, USA

Nov 152015

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325I. While driving 40 mph, the air bag light remained illuminated. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 13V564000 (air bags). The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 150,000.

- Dallas, TX, USA

May 272015

325

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325ci. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Scottsdale, AZ, USA

May 012015

325

Airbag light came on with passenger in the seat while going over a bump. This is due to a defective passenger seat occupancy sensor, which was the subject of a recall for other cars of the same model year, however my car's VIN was not included in the recall.

- Washington, DC, USA

Apr 202016

325

Passenger restraint system malfunction. My VIN was not included in the recall but error is showing. According to tbe NHTSA data base under vehicle description (make model and year) theres an open recall for my model.

- Long Beach, CA, USA

Sep 202014

325 6-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325ci. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.....updated 07/05/16 updated 07/21/16.

- Montgomery, TX, USA

Nov 042015

325

Pass. Restraint system fault message. Few days went by with this fault message coming on and off. Now its currently staying on. After searching on the web, I've found many other BMW owners with the same issue, but only a few models are covered under recall (08V384000). After search my (VIN) show no current recalls. Recall (08V384000) states 2006 year 3-series. How can this only be limited to some 2006, but not others with the same problems? vehicle has around 86K miles. Thanks

- Denham Springs, LA, USA

Jun 012015

325

My airbag warning light is on. The BMW dealership will not provide me any information as to the maker of the airbag other than telling me it's not one of the recalled tanaka airbags. Many other BMW models of the same year have been recalled for defective tanaka airbags, so I'm not reassured by their response. A friend with same year, make and model of BMW suffered permanent eye damage when his airbag deployed unexpectedly in slow moving collision. I am afraid of the same consequences. BMW, as well as other manufacturers, should be able to provide customers proof that a tanaka, or similar defective airbag, was not used.

- Tinton Falls, NJ, USA

Mar 252016

325

My complaint is regarding the "takata recall". I purchased a 2006 BMW 325ci on July 10, 2015 from BMW of freeport, unbeknownst to me, with an open airbag recall. I believe that this dealership had a moral and a legal responsibility to inform me that this car could potentially result in seriously injuring or killing me. BMW did no such thing in informing me of this risk and sold me a car that is dangerous. It took them 8 months to send me an email (March 25, 2016) informing me of this recall that they had knowledge of prior to selling me this car in July 2015 this car should have been on a do not sale list. I consider BMW of freeport to be very negligent. BMW had knowledge that this recall would not be repaired in an expedient time frame. I am horrified that this dealer did not provide safeguards for public safety but instead cared more about financial gain. I visited the dealership a number of times and it seems that they have no foreseeable timeline in repairing this vehicle. I am requesting that BMW of freeport provide me a full refund for selling me a car that NHTSA has deemed to be a severe risk to public safety.

- Hewlett, NY, USA

Jan 082007

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325I. While driving at various speeds, the air bag warning light illuminated. The failure occurred constantly. In addition, the contact noticed oil leaking from an unknown source under the hood. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the air bag sensor failed and needed to be replaced. The contact could not provide details of the oil leak failure. The vehicle was repaired, but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and assisted in repairs due to a warranty. The failure mileage was 16,000.

- Cookeville, TN, USA

Apr 092016

325

Was driving home and the seat beat and airbag light came on out of nowhere was driving normal

- Humble, TX, USA

Mar 162016

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325I. While driving less than 10 mph, the air bag and restraint system malfunction lights illuminated on the instrument panel. The contact notified a local dealer who stated that the vehicle was not included in a recall and the warranty was expired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure was not remedied. The failure mileage was 120,000.

- Carmichael, CA, USA